February 2011 Moms

1st internal exam

Yeah so not the most comfortable thing I've ever experienced but I'm 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Unfortunately when i told my husband he freaked a little-like I'd be going into labor any minute. Obviously he wasn't paying attention when they explained in baby class that you could hang out effaced and dilated for awhile without actually being in labor.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1st internal exam

• I had my first as well while I got my GBS test.  I didn't feel it at all.  I was 3 cm and 80% effaced.  I was totally shocked.
  • Mine wasn't exactly comfortable but much more tolerable than say a pap smear.

1 cm and 20% for me. 

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i had my first internal today too... only to be told that im not dilated at all... everybody has these exciting numbers to post about and i got nothin. looks like lil logan has no intensions of going anywhere anytime soon. but when i told my husband that i wasnt dilated he asked me "whats that mean? he doesnt want to come out?" well not yet...but im ok with that. its nice and safe in there for him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kinda looking forward to mine, I'm trying to wait 2 more weeks so hope I have low numbers haha. Not even sure if I'm having one done this week but I hope so. Have your babies dropped yet?
  • Had my first today and it was pretty uncomfortable.  1cm and 50%.  Its nice to know that things are at least getting started in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"