2nd Trimester

Looking for a Cute/Creative Way to Announce Gender!

This is my first pregnancy, first grandchild for both sides, and I am looking for a cute/creative way to announce the gender of our baby to all of our family, friends and coworkers who are just as anxious as we are!Smile I will be 22 weeks on Feb. 2nd, groundhogs day and also the day of the ultrasound!

Re: Looking for a Cute/Creative Way to Announce Gender!

• i think im gonna buy a pink/blue shirt that says its a boy/girl and take a pic of me wearing it and send it to my friends and family..
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know someone that had a guess the gender party. The guests had to wear pink or blue to the party, depending on their guess, and they played games and had small prizes for those who guessed the gender correctly. Just a fun idea to get your family and friends together!!

• Loading the player...
  • Hello! For my ultrasound my mom (husband, and son) all came with me. I took pink suckers to my best friends and sent white roses with 1 pink rose in the middle to my MIL (who lives out of town) and an "Its a girl" balloon with 3 pink balloons to my DIL who is also out of town.
  • I recently heard of a very creative way to announce the gender.  Go to a bakery and have the baker fill the cake with either blue or pink filling, and then obviously have a neutral color frosting.  When you cut into the cake, everyone will see boy or girl.  It was actually suggested that the ultrasound tech write on a piece of paper boy or girl and then give that to the baker, and then the parents would find out at the same time as family/friends.
  • imageama204:
    I recently heard of a very creative way to announce the gender.  Go to a bakery and have the baker fill the cake with either blue or pink filling, and then obviously have a neutral color frosting.  When you cut into the cake, everyone will see boy or girl.  It was actually suggested that the ultrasound tech write on a piece of paper boy or girl and then give that to the baker, and then the parents would find out at the same time as family/friends.

this is pretty much what we're going to do... except we're going to make cupcakes and fill those with the gender-specific color. so when everyone bites into theirs, they all see! (we will find out day of ultrasound though; too impatient to wait longer than i have to!) we didn't do anything special with our first kiddo, and thought we'd like to do something a little different this time 'round!

• imageama204:
    I recently heard of a very creative way to announce the gender.  Go to a bakery and have the baker fill the cake with either blue or pink filling, and then obviously have a neutral color frosting.  When you cut into the cake, everyone will see boy or girl.  It was actually suggested that the ultrasound tech write on a piece of paper boy or girl and then give that to the baker, and then the parents would find out at the same time as family/friends.

That is such a cute idea!  I love it and wish I had heard about it earlier!

• imageama204:

This is exactly what we did. 

Ordering custom fortune cookies and serving them after a Chinese meal is another idea.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"