3rd Trimester
Options

When would you/when do you plan on going to the hospital?

I've had contractions off and on for a couple weeks now.  For five straight days, they were no less than 10 minutes apart and a few times they were two minutes apart for several hours.  I've been to L&D twice with the 2-minute spaced ones, but since I had no cervical change, I got sent home.

I've been having contractions since about 3pm today.  They're much stronger than the others I've had and have been consistently getting closer together.  I walked the mall with H and the boys for about an hour and that seemed to make them stronger.  Now I'm home sitting on the couch and still having them every 2-3 minutes.

I don't want to get sent home again, but I don't want to wait too long since we have two other kids we have to make arrangements for.  Plus, it's my third and since I've been having so many contractions, I'm a little concerned I'll go quickly.

What point in your labor do you plan on heading into L&D?

Re: When would you/when do you plan on going to the hospital?

• Options

Have you tried any of the other tricks to see if they are real contraction? It so, Then I would have to say if they are 2 min. apart I would go soon.

Good luck.

• Options
    Who cares what others think go in when you feel that you need to. I say that waiting until they are two minutes apart is pushing it. I realize that you have not dilated yet but how do you know unless they check. I say do what you have been doing. Eventually they might get annoyed enough to just go ahead an induce you.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekdodge423:

When my doctor told me to (5 minutes apart, water breaking, or bleeding).

Call the on call if you are questioning it.

This. I have GBS so need the IV, so I don't plan to mess with it, especially since my labor with DS was relatively short.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image*BlackSheep*:

Have you tried any of the other tricks to see if they are real contraction? It so, Then I would have to say if they are 2 min. apart I would go soon.

Good luck.

This. If you get up to walk, pee, or drink water and the contractions lessen then you're having BH. If they become more intense then you need to head to L&D as you're calling them.

• Options
    Eeeek!  Just happened to see your post.  If they aren't slowing down while you're sitting there, I think you're good to head out!  We both know it sucks to be sent home, but better to be at the hospital if you go quickly.  Good luck!!!!!  Super excited for you =)
  • Options

With my son I went to the hospital when my water broke, even though my contractions weren't strong at all, and were still like 8-10 minutes apart. a) they thought I was over reacting and wasn't really in labor because I was pretty calm, but I was just following what I was told to do. b) the fetal monitor they put me on wasn't working properly so it wasn't registering my contractions, so they thought I was making it up when I said I was having a contraction c) even after they tested my pad and established I really WAS in labor, they sent me home anyway because my contractions weren't strong enough. I lived about 20-25 minutes away from the hospital at that point.

This time, I live 5 minutes away from the hospital, and don't want to go in until I am pretty much doubled over in pain and my contractions are no more than 5 minutes apart, because I don't want to be sent home again, and want to spend less time in the hospital.

Phoenix - August 19, 2006
    Avery - March 16, 2011

Things to avoid during pregnancy: Eye contact with cats. Cats will suck the burgeoning life right out of you, using their infamous feline mind-powers. Avert your eyes, and move along.

FACT: 1 in 10 people are said to be a carrier of Listeria. Therefore you should avoid all shopping malls, grocery stores and busy street corners for the duration of your pregnancy. Or microwave anyone you contact until steaming, just to be safe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"