Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Picture Call Outs = Popularity Contest

I find the idea behind the PCO really nice and its fun. But it seem that only the "popular" bumpies are getting the call outs which is pretty crappy. But I shouldn't be surprised, the who bump is for popular kids. 

Re: Picture Call Outs = Popularity Contest

• Who cares?  I like seeing all the pics!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • While I don't necessarily disagree that only some bumpies seem to get PCOs... I also have to ask... Who are you? You joined today and have 2 posts....
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
    AngelSmitty: This reminds me of something my college Human Sexuality professor used to say in class.  "Sex is between the legs.  Gender is between the ears."
  • Really? An AE for this? Come on... I don't care who gets called out. I just love seeing the pictures.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Uh, I didn't get called out, but made one anyways (hint if anyone wants to see its on 6-9) and I am not a "regular" poster, I regularly lurk though.
  • You don't have to wait to be called out. If you want to post pics, post pics
  • I don't want to take this moment away from Kirby, so all you get out of me is: Confused
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm....POPULAR??? Surprise

Haha, no.

I think it's probably easier to remember SNs of people who post more often and who the originator actually converses with.  Some names I don't recognize have gotten callouts.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I tend to agree with you, bud did you seriously need to make an AE for this? Laaaaame.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image IrishBrideND:
    You don't have to wait to be called out. If you want to post pics, post pics

Right? This post (and the fact that an AE was created for it) is so silly I couldn't even bring myself to formulate a response. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh, Snoopy.  We knew you'd be back.

And by the way, why don't you take a look at the people who have been called out.  It's not like I've only called out "popular" bumpies.  I've called out everyone. 

Here's the list.  Feel free to click the links and look at the cute babies.

Kate930

Daisyfull

Kirbus

Starfish113

kategw

Froggie33

Tessab2515

Lindsleek

Ashleygoo

HailsLyric

Mrs.Vanderwall

Doremi29

Emsumm

Stratton28

Borst-Plotz

Delphinus

Mopsie

Jacksmommy

MexiCali

McMoo

Boomersooner

Naybride04

DMCinderella

Shortycube

Robinsokj

Wildcatprincess

Pocky

DrinknDerive

Kateoats

BabyFruit Ticker

• image simplejude:
    I tend to agree with you, bud did you seriously need to make an AE for this? Laaaaame.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  It's not like I chose people based on how "popular" they are.  Some have gotten call outs because people have requested them, but most happen because I feel like seeing some cute baby pictures and I look to see who's around and posting.  I set TB to sort the threads by last post, and I glance down the right hand column to see who's around.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Come one, come all! I have your answer to the cliques!

I can also make you shirts or bumper stickers.

Seriously, OP, you sound ridiculous.

• image DEElicious18:
    Really? An AE for this? Come on... I don't care who gets called out. I just love seeing the pictures.

She made some snarky nasty commnet on another thread... but I can't imagine making an AE for that either...

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47738509.aspx

imageimage
  • Let's think about this logically. 

How is an unknown bumpie supposed to be called out, hrmmm?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image mommy2BinMD:

image DEElicious18:
    Really? An AE for this? Come on... I don't care who gets called out. I just love seeing the pictures.

She made some snarky nasty commnet on another thread... but I can't imagine making an AE for that either...

Ok, based on that I'm thinking it's Amiserip.  That wasn't Snoopy's style.  Snoopy was low drama, aside from the one post.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• image mommy2BinMD:

image DEElicious18:

OMG... really. That's ridiculous. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image Kirbus:

image simplejude:
    I tend to agree with you, bud did you seriously need to make an AE for this? Laaaaame.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  It's not like I chose people based on how "popular" they are.  Some have gotten call outs because people have requested them, but most happen because I feel like seeing some cute baby pictures and I look to see who's around and posting.  I set TB to sort the threads by last post, and I glance down the right hand column to see who's around.

Well, like a PP said, I think the bumpies who are more "'popular" are the ones who are on more often. So, you would notice them posting more often, see their cute babies in siggys more often, ect. It is really NBD, I dont see why someone would create an AE just to whine about it.

• I'm popular and I haven't been called out. Although I'm vain and will do my own AW anyway. Stick out tongue 

I like seeing everyone's pics (popular or not).

and I'm kidding about me being popular (incase you didn't get the sarcasm)

image Preston 10/13/06 - Harrison 04/14/10
  • image simplejude:
    image Kirbus:

image simplejude:

Well, like a PP said, I think the bumpies who are more "'popular" are the ones who are on more often. So, you would notice them posting more often, see their cute babies in siggys more often, ect. It is really NBD, I dont see why someone would create an AE just to whine about it.

I guess it's true that the more often you're on, and the more often you post the greater your chance of getting a PCO, however, if you look at the list of who's been called out, you'll see that it's not like I've only been calling out a specific group of girls or anything.  In fact, I have checked to see if you were on on at least two occasions because I wanted to see some pictures of both of your babies.  It's just luck of the draw, who's on when I think to post one.  Know what I mean?

BabyFruit Ticker

• image StarAnnice:

Yes Lmao! OMG! Star you totally made me crack up.  I spitted up my diet coke, now I am cleaning my key board. LOL!

imageimageimage

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• image Kirbus:
    image simplejude:
    image Kirbus:

image simplejude:

I guess it's true that the more often you're on, and the more often you post the greater your chance of getting a PCO, however, if you look at the list of who's been called out, you'll see that it's not like I've only been calling out a specific group of girls or anything.  In fact, I have checked to see if you were on on at least two occasions because I wanted to see some pictures of both of your babies.  It's just luck of the draw, who's on when I think to post one.  Know what I mean?

I posted 4 or 5 AW pics of Myles the other day. I dont need a PCO, I can just AW Stick out tongue Thank you though. Like I said, it only makes sense that people who are on more often get the call outs.

• image 1ChikaBonita:
    image StarAnnice:

Yes Lmao! OMG! Star you totally made me crack up.  I spitted up my diet coke, now I am cleaning my key board. LOL!

Oops! Sorry!  Hope I don't have to pay for that!  hehehe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image WildcatPrincess:

I'm....POPULAR??? Surprise

Haha, no.

I think it's probably easier to remember SNs of people who post more often and who the originator actually converses with.  Some names I don't recognize have gotten callouts.

this! 

• image simplejude:
    image Kirbus:
    image simplejude:
    image Kirbus:

image simplejude:

I posted 4 or 5 AW pics of Myles the other day. I dont need a PCO, I can just AW Stick out tongue Thank you though. Like I said, it only makes sense that people who are on more often get the call outs.

I know, that's what made me want to see more!

And FTR, the point of the PCO's is just to get more people to post a lot of pictures, so if people post their pictures without me posting a PCO, then that's great and we all get to see more pictures that day!  We just like looking at cute babies.  Who doesn't?!

BabyFruit Ticker

• image StarAnnice:
    image 1ChikaBonita:
    image StarAnnice:

Oops! Sorry!  Hope I don't have to pay for that!  hehehe

Nope, my boss will, LOL!  All good, It's still working :P

imageimageimage

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• image StarAnnice:

So perfect and so quick on the draw, star.  

• image StarAnnice:

Someone asked me to do a PCO for you today, but now I can't because I'll be accused of only calling out popular bumpies. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I agree with you...and I never agree with AE's.