February 2011 Moms

What's the biggest thing left on your To-Do list?

We're getting so close, but I feel like I still have so much to do!  Anyone else?  What's the big one still left on your list?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's the biggest thing left on your To-Do list?

• FINISHING OUR DAMN HOUSE! I'm getting so frustrated. The person we've hired to do most of the work is a total douche and can't get his a$$ in gear. He hasn't been to our house in 2 weeks! I understand he has other jobs and has to run a business but don't tell us you'll be here one day and never show up! I'm on a damn time schedule! Ugh!!!! I only have 3 "liveable" rooms in the house; bathroom, kitchen, and our bedroom. It stresses the sh** our of me to think of bringing LO home right now. I hope he gets to our house soon to finish the job!

Sorry, that was a bit of a vent. I feel better now!

• I feel like I have so much to do as well, but for some reason I have no motivation to do anything. I still need to put the carseat in, pack my hospital bag, get a few last items I need that I didn't get at the shower, fill out my birth plan, etc. Ugh, so much to do, so little time!
  • image AnnieRose321:

FINISHING OUR DAMN HOUSE! I'm getting so frustrated. The person we've hired to do most of the work is a total douche and can't get his a$$ in gear. He hasn't been to our house in 2 weeks! I understand he has other jobs and has to run a business but don't tell us you'll be here one day and never show up! I'm on a damn time schedule! Ugh!!!! I only have 3 "liveable" rooms in the house; bathroom, kitchen, and our bedroom. It stresses the sh** our of me to think of bringing LO home right now. I hope he gets to our house soon to finish the job!

AGGG that's a really big one.  Can you fire him and hire someone who will actually show up?  That is seriously messed up.  He must not have ever dealt with a pregnant woman before.  What's he doing to your house to finish it?  Like painting or something more major?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I've got one more shower left, after that I want to buy the rest of the stuff on our registry.  But there is nothing that I have to have right away, so if he comes early, I'd be fine.

What I really want to get off my list is making meals for the freezer.  DH is traveling all next week so I plan to do it then.  That's really the only to do item that I really, really need to have done before a baby shows up. 

We still have a few other things to do, but nothing major, nothing that couldn't happen after the fact if needed.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • image christyp80:
    image AnnieRose321:

FINISHING OUR DAMN HOUSE! I'm getting so frustrated. The person we've hired to do most of the work is a total douche and can't get his a$$ in gear. He hasn't been to our house in 2 weeks! I understand he has other jobs and has to run a business but don't tell us you'll be here one day and never show up! I'm on a damn time schedule! Ugh!!!! I only have 3 "liveable" rooms in the house; bathroom, kitchen, and our bedroom. It stresses the sh** our of me to think of bringing LO home right now. I hope he gets to our house soon to finish the job!

AGGG that's a really big one.  Can you fire him and hire someone who will actually show up?  That is seriously messed up.  He must not have ever dealt with a pregnant woman before.  What's he doing to your house to finish it?  Like painting or something more major?

It's nothing major but it makes a huge difference in our house. We are really just waiting for him to finish touching up drywall and texturing. My husband said he will finish the rest of the work which is painting because he is so tired of waiting for him to finish. He is supposed to come tomorrow. His tasks should only take him 2-3 days worth of time. We'd love to hire someone else but he's already started and he's giving us a great deal which is probably why he thinks he can waste our time. You get what you pay for, right? I so wish we had the money to hire a contractor and live somewhere else while the work is getting done. Most of the BIG jobs are finished. After my husband finishes painting we can install the new carpet and get our new furniture. I'm just stressing because I feel like this baby could come at any time (even though I'm only 35wks). I'm just trying to stay calm and putting my trust in my husband to have the house ready. Fingers crossed...

• Waiting for the dresser we ordered to be deliverd. Hopefully today, before the snow hits.
    Married 4-24-2010 and have a Honeymoon baby!! ... We are so blessed.
    MINIVAN MAMA MADNESS

• -install car seat

-actually pack hospital bag (right now everything is in a pile ... I think I'm having a mental block about physically putting the items the bag, lol.

-for strictly vanity reasons - get a haircut and eyebrow wax.

• Install the car seat and pack a bag.  I've been having contractions since Sun morning from the way my books describe it, it sounds like I am in early Labor.  And I have nothing packed and my car needs to be cleaned out to make room for the car seat.  But getting up and doing anything, even just making myself food, makes the contractions stronger and closer which is what we would like to avoid right now. 
    imageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• -get a HAIRCUT this weekend!Haven't had one since May, seriously going nuts here.I don't care if I'm doubled over in labor, I WILL go to the salon FIRST... THEN to the hospital.

-get a nightstand for the nursery. Need to store my breast pads somewhere.

-get a diaper bag. Necessary.

In my mind, having the nightstand is more significant than anything else. I've been putting off my hair for over a half a year now, so what's another few weeks... and the diaper bag, I could always just use a grocery bag if I absolutely needed. Or stop on the way home from the hospital and get a Walmart $10 cheapie til after my shower on the 23rd.

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • I don't have too much left.  I need to buy my breastpump (I'll do that tomorrow), and we need to get our car seats installed and inspected (we have an appt on Sunday).  I could do some freezer meals, but we don't have much room in our freezer anyway, so I doubt i'll do anything about that.  Other than that I'll be twiddling my thumbs until he decides to show up! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have this baby is the biggest thing left to do :)

all we need to do is find a shelf for his room, so I can say its all done.  Other than that, get a pedicure, and take a belly shot, since I have avoided it in almost 12 weeks.

• We still need a NAME for this kid!!!  :)

Other than that, not much.  I need to buy a couple of odds and ends, but am waiting for registry completion coupons.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We only have a couple things left on the list...

ETA (sorry hit enter too soon)

- Repaint the dresser (we refinished and painted white but put poly over it and it has turned yellow over the past couple months and I hate it) so now DH is repainting it this weekend

- Make some meals to stock the freezer - I'm planning to work on this over this weekend and next

- Install the car seat (hopefully we'll get this done next week once DH is back from a work trip to Indy)

- Pack our hospital bag (I've started a list and I'm not worried about this one since it should take all of 10 minutes)

• Pick a name

Get the crib put together

Get the carseat and install

Pack bag

• Big Things:

Install new $10,000 heater (ours is toast and cannot be repaired. The house is feezing!!) Could take another 2 weeks but I REALLY hope not.

Install carseat (for some reason DH keeps putting this off. I have a feeling we will be installing it on the way to the hospital, he is such a procrastinator it drives me nuts)

Pack bag (it has some things, but all the things I want to take like my comfy pants, I am currently still wearing).

I really want to order letters for LO wall, but I am afraid DH will change his mind on the name Tyler last minute. Since the ones I want cost $40 we better be sure before I order them!

Little things:

Get shelf and lamp to match LO room.

Clean the house or rather pick up and pay $75 for someone else to come clean! Problem is, I pick up and clean and it is messy the next day!

Get pedicure in 2 weeks

image     image

image    image

• We have but havent put together the stroller.

We have but havent installed the carseat.

We have and have not set up the pack n play for LO to sleep in our room.

DH is doing all this so frankly I don't care.  I'm over asking him to do it and if he gets caught at the last minute then it's his own damn fault.  I told him to do it just to make sure we had all the pieces and nothing was wrong with the items.  He hasn't cracked open the boxes yet. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Get our car seat inspected for correct installation.

Pack the hospital bags.

Attend my shower (22nd)

Finish some sewing projects for the nursery.

Hang some shelves in the nursery.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel like I got a ton done last week, so now it's just

-install car seat and have it checked

-pack hospital bag (list is done)

-put Pack n Play together (we're in a 1 bedroom apartment, so LO will be in our room till we find a house)

I feel pretty ready as far as baby 'stuff' goes.  My MIL will probably come to clean my floors and do a final cleaning :)  It's so nice that I won't have to do it...she used to be a cleaning lady and she likes it! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Change the crib back over to a crib ( from a  toddler bed). We've ordered DD a new bed & it's on it's way so we'll do that once it gets here. Not a huge deal though because he is staying in our room for at least the first few weeks.  Other than that I have to pack my bag, which I keep putting off for whatever reason, and install the carseat.
  • Still to do:

• install the fabrics for the nursery (window treatments, crib skirt, accent pillows) - everything is being made, so I'm just waiting for it!
    • waiting for the glider to be delivered (email said between 1/13 and 1/20)
    • finalize hospital bag and nurses' basket of treats
    • make a few freezer meals
    My Baby Blog

Charles Henry - born on his due date of 2/5/11

• For baby- we just need to install the car seat in the car and wash the cloth diapers a few more times (I've washed them about 5 times, our doula recommended 10)

For us? DH and his buddy need to finish our master bathroom shower (it needs to be tiled and then we can have a professional come in and install new glass doors), I need to buy a breast pump (we were given one by a cousin of mine, but unfortunately it is an open system so we don't think we can use it), and I would like to get a pedicure and do some womanscaping before next week (I know the pedicure will last me a while- mine always last about a month or more and I have my first internal next week hence the landscaping).

Other than those things, I think we are in pretty good shape.  If LO were to decide to come early, the only thing I would be po'ed about is the tile (which will hopefully be finished this weekend), the carseat (which DH can put in anytime now) and the pedicure because I'm being selfish for the last time in a long time I'm guessing :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My biggest thing is getting my list of things to grab on the way to L&D written. I have had MAJOR issues remembering things lately, DH doesn't know what I want to bring, and I seriously doubt I will be super clear of mind and thus able to recall everything. 

Otherwise, we just need to have the car seat inspected (though I am fairly certain its correct as my mom, an inspector, talked me through it over the phone). We also really need a bunting or pram for him because it is super cold here! I have a few little odds and ends to pick up, but my shower isn't until the 22nd, and there isn't anything that we couldn't buy after he has arrived. 

• Pretty much everything!  We haven't had either of our baby showers yet, so we haven't bought anything, either, because we wanted to wait until after the showers to buy the things that we still needed.  We did get our crib (but still no crib mattress) and have that set up, and I did wash the baby clothes that we got over Christmas and folded them/hung them up, but other than that, we have NOTHING done.  I know I still have about 6 weeks, but that doesn't really seem like much time right now, especially because one of the showers is still two weeks away!  We're going to be cutting it pretty close, I think.  And I'm going crazy, because I'm wanting to nest, but I don't really have much to work with at this point, so I've been organizing my kitchen, instead (weird???).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Where to start?

• install car seat base
    • pack hospital bag
    • find pediatrician
    • baby shower is on 1/23 so after that I'll have to organize all of the gifts

I guess those are all the big things. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have to wash LO's clothing and finish packing my hospital bag.  That's about it for our to-dos before baby's arrival. 

But we still have to secure daycare for when I return to work.  Every time I start searching it wears me out (the phone calls, the tours, the prices!) so we keep putting it on the back burner. 

• I need to wrap up about a dozen important projects at work and finish all of my assignments and papers for the 4 classes I am taking in January!  I definitely took on too much so close to my due date but I wanted to get all of my classes finished before the baby comes.  Yikes!
    • install car seat
    • pack hospital bag
    • find pediatrician
    • last baby shower is on the 22nd, so ill deal with all that when it comes
    • and for me :) pedicure/eyebrow wax just cause!