September 2011 Moms

Question for those waiting to tell others...

2»

Re: Question for those waiting to tell others...

• Personally, I would still want to know, as it would hurt me more if I wasn't one of the first people to be told (especially if it was my sister-inlaw, b/c I don't have biological sisters, so she is a sister to me).  I would personally find a quiet time, and tell each woman personally (not over the phone); it's a respect thing.  Don't do it at a big family gathering, make it a personal thing.  Realize that they may show their jealousy (b/c they will be feeling it, even if just a little bit, especially considering what they've gone through), so they may not seem happy at first, but don't take it personally.  In they end they will be very happy for you.  It will be a worse situation if you wait for a big family event, or if they have to find out through a 3rd party.

Just my opinion (from what I've seen, and sort of experienced).

• I told my mom (my dad and brother don't know) and a couple of girl friends. That's it. DH hasn't told his mom yet.

The first time around we waited until the first ultrasound (around 6-7 weeks) to tell the closest family (my parents, brother, MIL). 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"