Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Help only 1 bedroom home

I just found out I am pregnant and I have had this question for quite some time. Everyone told me it would work out but I see how cute nurseries are and I can't help but to be jealous that I have to share my room with the baby! Does anyone have any decorating ideas for a bedroom/nursery combination!?

Re: Help only 1 bedroom home

• Options

How big is your closet? Is there room for a crib in there? Then you could pack up some clothes to make room for the baby's clothes.

I don't have any other ideas, but you can't be the only one with a 1 bedroom home. Hmmm...let me think about it and I'll see if I can find any photos to help you.

• Options
    My closet is four feet in depth and five feet across... I was thinking I could remove my dresser and buy a smaller one and put it in the closet.... which would free up some space for a changing table.  But thank you for looking, it's been tough trying to find anything out there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you considered moving now (while you still have a job and are not heavily pregnant?) You'll need another bedroom in the near future and you may be in a better position to relocate now than after the baby is born.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    unfortunately, we bought this condo 2 years ago in Ca. There is no way we would be able to sell it right now, considering the market... We were thinking about renting it out and moving into an apartment, but our HOA dues are too high for a renter.
  • Options
    I've seen people do really cute, large vinyl stickers where the crib/bassinet is, to help define the baby's space.  Also, double your dresser as a changing table so you don't have to add more (unnecessary) furniture.  You can do it.  If you post pics of the room now, I might have more suggestions. 
  • Options
    Is your bedroom large enough where you could section off a portion of the room with decorative drapes to define the baby's space?
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)
  • Options
    I don't have any great suggestions, but just wanted to say one of my BFFs is living in a one-bedroom apt and they have been able to make it work.  Baby is now about six months and they're doing great.  I know she really limited baby gear to save space, so you may want to really research what you'll need and skip things that aren't must haves.  I also second the no changing table idea, I live in a small home and we won't be getting one either. 
  • Options

We live in a 2-bedroom apartment, but our second bedroom is set up like our office. Our master bedroom is HUGE, so we're going to rearrange our sitting area (and probably have a family member take our couch and coffee table that are there for a while) and put the baby there. We'll make it cute and distinct, maybe with some wall decals. If we have room, I'd like to try to add a room dividing screen as well.

We're only going to have a crib and a dresser, and a glider will depend on how much room we have. It may have to go into the living room. 

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"