Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Miscarriage "Care Package"...picture warning

One of my girlfriends suffered a m/c earlier this week (8 weeks) and Iwant to put a little care package together for her with a nice note. I m/c twice before DD and was so touched when a friend did the same for me.  Any suggestions? I was thinking a little Yankee candle, some hot teaand maybe a good book? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Miscarriage "Care Package"...picture warning

• Options
    I had a friend who put together a Care Package when I had my miscarriage and it was wonderful.  It let me know she was thinking of me.  She put in a tea and a good book also.  She also put in a funny movie to make me smile.  It was a very thoughtful and sweet gift that put a smile on my face during such a hard time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

That's such a thoughtful idea!  My sister also put together a little care package for me and it really touched my heart.  She included things like my favorite candy, candles, spa socks, and like a pedicure kit - stress free foot soak, pumace stone and relaxing things that like.  I think the book and candle would be perfect.  Other ideas - a journal to write down her thoughts (some people find that very soothing), magazine to read, restaurant take-out gift cards (b/c there is no way she's going to feel like cooking).   Honestly, it probably won't even matter what all you put in there - just the fact that you thought of her and took the time and effort to send her something will be so touching.  You're a sweet friend :)

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a wonderful idea.  My mom brought me a bunch of frozen minestrone and spaghetti sauce. Mom's recipes are always comforting.   I like the book idea, candle idea, restaurant gift card. Though I didn't want to go out, maybe a place that delivers?  Maybe bubble bath. I didn't want to really talk either, so solitary self-care things were nice when I could muster the motivation. I have to confess that a couple of times I took a bubble bath without washing my hair or using soap. Embarrassed Just kind of soaked, but that was better than nothing -which is what I felt like doing.  I didn't cook or do laundry or clean for like three weeks. I've seen women post how grateful they were that their sister or mom or someone came by and offered to help them clean.  Some women said that was therapeutic too.  I don't know if you guys have that relationship, but I've seen ladies say that.  It's so nice of you to think of her.  Your effort will mean a lot, not matter what's in the package.
  • Options

Warning, DS pics below.

That is a fantastic idea. I know a few people that miscarried, and didn't know what to do. Now I do. That is such a sweet idea. So here is an idea I have.

A few candles/lotions that have a calming aroma to them. Oh.... and a gift card to an icecream parlor.... coldstone! Who doesn't like icecream when they are upset? Or am I wrong? Would icecream be thought of as a pregnancy thing ex: pickles and icecream or is icecream a thought to soothe the soul?

• Options
    Thanks everyone- I got her a really beautiful candle, some chocolates, comfy spa socks, nail polish, a pumice stone and a journal to write down her thoughts. 
  • Options
    Before my D&C my sister in law brought me a care package with new undies and pads and sanitary wipes as well as magazines and chocolate. I really appreciated the practical side of the gift. She also wrote in her note to take whatever pain meds they gave because there was no need to suffer any more than I already was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"