June 2011 Moms
Options

Breastfeeding question for moms who have done it...

This is going to be a very WEIRD question but its been bothering me.

I know I definitely want to breastfeed but of course have no idea how it is going to go.  My biggest worry is about nipple sensitivity.  This sounds awful but I actually have really serious nipple sensitivity meaning I'll get horny over anything that touches it.  I cannot walk around or go to sleep braless or I am completely uncomfortable or me and DH need to go get it on. 

So I am wondering if that sensitivity goes away with having a baby feeding?  How do you deal with that?

Ugh this is bothering me lol.

Anthony Javier will be here soon!
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding question for moms who have done it...

• Options
    Hmmm... I didn't have this problem, so I don't know if it will fix itself, but I'm assuming it will.  For me breastfeeding was so utterly painful the first week or two so I can't imagine getting turned on by that.  Once that passed, I was so turned OFF by DH going anywhere near them because they were for the baby and NOT a plaything for him. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 5/30/07 M/C 8/26/10 at around 6 weeks BFP #2 10/16/10
  • Options

Yes, the nipple joy before breastfeeding...I use to have extremely sensitive nipples, and then I breast fed three kids.  Take into account everyone is different, but the feeling I use to have is no longer.  I still have sensation, but NOTHING like I use to.  I'm sure it has something to do with the fact with my 1st child I didn't breastfeed correctly, meaning I didn't wait until he latched on correctly, would pull him out instead of open his mouth by his chin, and a slew of other things which caused my nipples to crack and bleed.  With my second I learned from the 1st and didn't have those same issues.  I'd recommend taking a breast feeding class and making sure to care for your nipples (you can use any creams when breastfeeding, but everyday care is important).

Other then that, load up on nipple enjoy for the memories!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine are much more sensitive since bfing two kids.  Must be another, everyone is different thing...
    DS #1 5.5.07 DS #2 12.3.08 DD 5.21.11
  • Options
    I was sensitive before DS... and then it got WORSE. lol. However... I wouldn't worry about you getting "excited" because of breastfeeding or anything like that. It's a totally different sensation. It is definitely one of those "everyone is different" things. =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I was like that before I had my kids. But around 8 months my nipples changed I guess to prepare for feeding and even though they were sensitive it didn't have the same affect. I did feel sensation that was sort of like being turned (if that makes any sense) when I first started to feed but after about the first week it went away.

• Options

imageGalena99:
    Hmmm... I didn't have this problem, so I don't know if it will fix itself, but I'm assuming it will.  For me breastfeeding was so utterly painful the first week or two so I can't imagine getting turned on by that.  Once that passed, I was so turned OFF by DH going anywhere near them because they were for the baby and NOT a plaything for him. 

I did not have the sensitivity issue you had so I'm not sure how that will work for you.  But, I do remember that for the entire time I BF I did not want DH anywhere near them and it irritated me if he tried.  He eventually gave up and I eventually got back to letting him go there but it took a while.  I think you'll have to wait and see which isn't going to help you feel any better right now.  ;o)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i really wouldn't worry about breastfeeding inadvertently being a turn-on. 

i also really enjoyed having my nipples touched prior to being pregnant with dd.  once dd was born and started breastfeeding, it felt weird for a few days, but keep in mind that breastfeeding also stimulates uterine contractions in the beginning, so between the initial pain of breastfeeding and those contractions, my mind came to quickly re-associate nipple stimulation from being related to any type of pleasure. 

as others have pointed out, breastfeeding feels completely different.  the suck is very strong, and the pressure is mainly on the aerola (sp?), not the nipple.  plus, from the months of sucking and pumping, your nipples toughen up. 

i really wouldn't expect it to be an issue.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"