Birth Stories
Options

GD Birth Stories?

Hi everyone...I posted a similar request on the 3rd Tri board but thought I might get more success here.  I have GD and am feeling very nervous about the prospect of induction.  My doctor is adamant that he won't let me go past my due date so if I don't go into labor on my own by then I won't have a choice.  I have heard that many inductions result in c-sections.  Also, with GD I am told that I will have to stay in bed throughout the induction to stay strapped to a fetal monitor.  This is crushing my vision of being able to walk around, use the jacuzzi and shower, etc.  I would love to hear any positive GD birth experiences that anyone has had.  You always hear the negatives but I could really use the encouragement.  Thanks, ladies!!!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD Birth Stories?

• Options

Hi,

I had GD with my first pregnancy and again with my second.  I wasn't induced my son came was born at 39 weeks on his own.  I was allowed and encouraged to get up and walk around as well as get in the jacuzzi.  I did have to occasionally take my blood sugars while in labor and they checked my son 4 different times ( I think it was 4) to make sure his blood sugar was stable.  I would definately check with your doctor/hospital to make sure you will be able to get up or get in the bath if that is what you want to do.  My delivery of my son was great.  Anything that didn't go quite as expected was just normal labor stuff and nothing to do with GD.

Good luck!

• Options
    I had GD as well and was scheduled to be induced 6 days after my due date but went into labour on my own 3 days after my due date.  I posted my story below ("happy birthday").  I was also afraid of being induced.  However, my girlfriend was induced with her second (not because of GD, other concerns) and she said it was actually a very positive experience.
    promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had GD and had a pretty normal birth for my ds.  They did not have to induce me as I went into labor.  There is nothing to be nervous about...  The only negative is Baby can be hypo glycemic and big.  If you are getting a weekly ultrasound they will know about how large your baby is and will not put you in danger... 

My son was hypoglycemic.  They had to give him formula off the bat to get his sugars in check.  After a full day of testing his blood he was fine.  This one formula feeding did not hurt him either if you are thinking of Breast feeding your DC.

Now my DC was not large he was average, but I had to have a csect because of complications (my pelvis is tilted)  I was terrified of having a C section, but it really was not bad at all.  I took my meds based on the allowance (every 6 hours I think it was) and never felt pain.  I was getting up and down that night.  My scar is barely noticable 10 months later!

You are going to do great.  I am on the 6+ month board if you ever need to talk page me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"