Birth Stories

Silly question, but have to ask

Hey ladies.. I never thought I would ask this, but.... I am terrified I am not going to know when I go into labor. My sister was 4cm dialated and didn't feel a contraction, a friend of mine said she didn't know she was contracting either. So I ask you... did you realize it when you were going into labor? What did it feel like for you?
TIA

Re: Silly question, but have to ask

• You will be fine... one way or another - you will know :) For me - I had no idea I was having contractions - I thought the baby was just pushing against my tummy hard... not until we started timing them - did we figure out they were in fact contractions... of course they hurt more as the night went on... But my labor started with an unmistakenable gush of my water breaking - there was no denying that's what it was.  Earlier that day at my 40 week apt I still wasn't dialated at all and the baby was high... so you just never know!  Hang in there - you will be fine :)

• I'd have to say ditto. I felt fine all day and evening. Then I took a shower, dried off, and laid in bed to go to sleep. Then I noticed that my upper thighs felt wet. I got up to dry them off (thinking I didn't towel off well enough) and a little fluid trickled out. I asked my husband, "Did I just pee on myself?" I went to the restroom and the fluid kept trickling out very slowly but it never really stopped. I then realized that I wasn't peeing. Ha ha! It was like midnight and we went to the hospital to begin our 19 hour labor. Long story short... you'll just know. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"