Babies: 0 - 3 Months

c-section mom's..coughing and incision pain!

I'm 2 weeks out and still cringe everytime I have to cough b/c my incision hurts.....for the most part I feel great and the incision only hurts if I over do it but when will it stop hurting when I cough?

Re: c-section mom's..coughing and incision pain!

• I'm 3.5 weeks out and it isnt so bad anymore...it was like one day I just woke up and I could sneeze, cough, and blow my nose! lol it was wonderful!! it is still SLIGHTLY uncomfotable...but it's not bad at all anymore!
    imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I experienced the same thing...when I sneezed too. I would say give it a full 4-6 weeks. In fact, I'm the exception here but I just had to start a round of antibiotics because I'm still not fully  healed and there's one tiny spot that looks borderline infected. I'm 9 weeks out and it still hurts to wear some pants :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine felt a lot better after 3 weeks or so, bu I remember how hard it was to get a good cough out!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It probably was a good 6 weeks before I could sneeze comfortably.  I wore one of those tummy band things and while it was a little annoying, it help a lot. 
  • Like PPs, it took me a few weeks before I could cough/sneeze/laugh etc comfortably. Nurses at the hospital recommended I hold a pillow up to my belly every time I had to do something like that. While that's not always possible, I did it whenever I could and it made a big difference. They also told me to do cough etc as little as possible lol that's not always easy either!
  • image missrachelle:
    It probably was a good 6 weeks before I could sneeze comfortably.  I wore one of those tummy band things and while it was a little annoying, it help a lot. 

I agree the tummy bands do really help.

Thanks, atleast I know there is an end in sight.....I look like an idiot when I have to cough or sneeze b/c I'm trying to let it out slowly :)

• image hopkins_tj@yahoo.ca:
    Like PPs, it took me a few weeks before I could cough/sneeze/laugh etc comfortably. Nurses at the hospital recommended I hold a pillow up to my belly every time I had to do something like that. While that's not always possible, I did it whenever I could and it made a big difference. They also told me to do cough etc as little as possible lol that's not always easy either!

I stopped having pain at the incision after about a week (very lucky I know) but the nurses suggested the same pillow trick.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• I will be 3 weeks this Friday and it no longer hurts when I cough.

It does help if you put your hand over incision if you know you are going to cough.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image maryellen21:

image hopkins_tj@yahoo.ca:
    Like PPs, it took me a few weeks before I could cough/sneeze/laugh etc comfortably. Nurses at the hospital recommended I hold a pillow up to my belly every time I had to do something like that. While that's not always possible, I did it whenever I could and it made a big difference. They also told me to do cough etc as little as possible lol that's not always easy either!

I stopped having pain at the incision after about a week (very lucky I know) but the nurses suggested the same pillow trick.

Yes   counterpressure on your incision helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • It took about 2 weeks for the external incision to stop hurting, and 3 weeks for the uterine incision to stop hurting when I coughed or sneezed.  I'm 4.5 weeks post-partum, and the only time things really hurt now is when I overdo it. Counter-pressure is awesome if you're having problems, and remember to take it easy.
    O&D December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards