January 2011 Moms

Pubic bone feels bruised...baby dropping?

My pubic bone feels very bruised. It hurts to walk, sit down, stand up, etc. Any ideas why? Could the baby finally be engaged?

Thanks!

Stephanie 

Re: Pubic bone feels bruised...baby dropping?

• Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction.    

It feels like someone has hit me in the pubic bone with a bat over and over again. it happens when the bones start rubbing against each other normally late in the pregnancy or earlier if this is your second+ pregnancy. 

I never felt this with my first, the last trimester with my second and it started very early on with this pregnancy and now it has gotten so bad that i feel the grinding of the bones beside the bruised feeling. It has always gone away after the pregnancy but there is a chance that it may continue and you would have see a Dr about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the same thing and I saw my prenatal acupuncturist today and she said baby is still very high and floating around. Super disappointing because I will deal with the pain if it is actually doing something but its really not at this point except keeping me awake and making me walk like an 80 year old!

• Loading the player...
  • I looked this up when I was feeling it and basically what hurt on me was the "sit bones" the ones that are closest to the seat when you are sitting.  If that's what you are experiencing than what I read said it is due to baby dropping.  My guy is a stinker though because he keeps dropping and undroping so he is playing games.  Hope you feel better soon!
  • I have had bad pubic bone pains for a few months now but they have kicked up a serious notch. The worst is at night when I get up to pee. I have to grip onto anything in site because if I don't I feel I'll fall over in pain. Not to mention putting on underwear and pants! I had my 38w appointment today and the reason for all my pain is because LO is at 0 station! Without me even mentioning the pain my midwife immediately said "I bet you're having a ton of pressure and pain on your pubic bone." So LO is engaged though I'm 0cm and 50% effaced. All I've been told is that once LO is out the pain goes away. Just means their head might be nestling it's way down there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh my gosh... I have been having pubic bone pain since month 6.  My doc says it is ligaments loosening, and that the bones are starting to pull apart.  It hurts more when I lift one leg...like putting on my pants.  She didn't give any indication it meant the baby was dropping... but IMO, the pain seems like it would get worse as more pressure is sitting on those bones. 

I kept telling people it feels like someone kicked me in the crotch and pubic area with a steel toed boot.  FUN. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"