Baby Showers

How many weeks?WDYT?

I am planning a baby shower for my bff. she lives in San Diego and I live in Salt Lake City. I want to plan it before the holidays and before the weather gets bad. Is 27 weeks to soon for a shower? Mine were at 35 and 36 weeks. Definetly too late for me to feel organized before baby came.
Whats your opinion?

Re: How many weeks?WDYT?

• Have one when it works for your schedules and family schedules. Mine will be at 26w bc that's when my sister can travel to MI from MN to throw it. I'm actually excited for an early one as I'm a HUGE planner.

Your friend will have a cute bump and will have the energy to enjoy the shower. :)

• Mine will be 3 hours away, and it looks like it will fall at 27 weeks. I'll be 33 weeks at Thanksgiving, and my host wants to avoid having it near all the holiday hoopla. I'm more than happy to oblige. I would much rather have an early shower, with plenty of time to get the nursery in order and buy whatever we need before the baby arrives.
  • Loading the player...
  • My OOT one will be at 30wks and the local one will be at 34 wks I think.  But that's because that's when it worked out for the hostesses and Grandparents to be (they're also the reason there are two).  I don't think 27 weeks is too early. 
  • I think mine will be at about 28 weeks.  Since I have a lot of OOT guests we are trying to plan early.  My due date is the end of January and we want to avoid all the holiday hoopla of December, so early November it is!
  • My sister will be in town from college over the Christmas break, so she is having one for me while she is in town.  I will be 28 weeks.  I am happy about having one of my showers early, because it gives us plenty of time to plan and prepare for the nursery. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"