January 2011 Moms

8 days with no end in sight...

I know I'm being really impatient, but I have 8 days til my due date and feel like there's no end in sight. I haven't lost my MP - that I know of - I haven't had any real contractions, not dilated and she's low but not really low according to the doctor. Anyone else in the same boat? I try to take one day at a time, but we're just soooo ready.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 8 days with no end in sight...

• I feel like I'm in the same boat.  I go back friday to the Dr, but last week it was he is down but not engaged, I'm dialated to a 1 and as far as I know not really experiencing any real signs of change.  I just hope I don't have to go 2 weeks over before the dr will do something!
  • I am the same way not dilated and her head is to far up... so ready for this to be over
  • I am due on Thursday and I'm stuck at 2-3cm, 75% effaced, -1 station. Dr. said I have no MP left. But still, I am at a standstill too. Dr. just let me schedule induction for Monday morning. Just let them know you want to be done and they may be okay with scheduling induction as long as you're past your dd.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm with you!  My due date was Sunday and I am not dilated or effaced at all.  No "real" contractions, either.  I have a feeling I'm headed for an induction next week which is not ideal.  But by next week I think I'll just be glad to get this baby out!

BFP #1 12/28/09 D&C 2/15/10
    BFP #2 DS
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #3 5/13/12 M/C 6/10/12
    BFP #4 8/12/12 M/C 8/18/12
    September 2012 - 2.5mg Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFP #5 Beta #1 - 61 @ 12 dpo, Beta #2 - 183 @ 14 dpo, Beta #3 - 1466 @ 19 dpo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I will be feeling the same way as it gets a little closer. My baby isn't due til the 20th and I still have a bunch of things I want to get done before I am ready and hoping to put more time between the holidays and the baby's b-day. But that is the practical side of me. The emotional side of me is DONE being pregnant, can't wait to start the next part of this adventure and meet this baby! I did just start my maternity leave yesterday and enjoying this time to relax and get the house together, organized and clean post christmas/NYE chaos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • I WAS in the same boat as you... but now, as you can see from my siggy, I am three days over due. I am trying to be positive like PP and take this time to get my house in order, enjoy a last bit of freedom, and enjoy the fun looks people give me when I tell them I was due three days ago:)

• Due in 3 days and not much hope it will happen before then.
    Eliza
    Wife of Paul since 01/13/04
    Miscarriage Survivor
    Mom of Peter (October 2006), Aaron (December 2008), and Claire (January 2011)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm due on Thursday and have had zero progress.  My little guy did drop the other day, but at my appointment on Monday, I was 0/0 and haven't had any contractions.  I hope I'm one of those people that has no progress at any appointments and then suddenly goes into labor! 

I'm a teacher and did not go back to work after winter break, so I'm just kind of sitting around and waiting!  We won't induce until I'm 42 weeks, so I just hope he comes before then!

• I know exactly how you feel! I am 11 days away, went to the Dr. today and nothing is happening! I feel like I will be pregnant forever! I'm so uncomfortable and can't wait to have this baby!