Parenting

ambien and pregnancy

Did you take Ambien during pregnancy. I'm getting conflicting answers from my doctors (one says yes, the other no).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ambien and pregnancy

• They gave me ambien when I was in overnight with my one pregnancy.  They came and checked my blood pressure several times during the night and I had no clue.  It was great sleep!!
    Michelle, Happily married to R 2006,
    StepMom to P, Mama to R and E.
    SAHM and weekend NICU nurse
  • I don't know about taking it on a regular basis, but I was just given Ambien Thursday when I was in the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • Only when I was in the hospital (the night before I was induced). I'm glad I was there because it made me SOOOOO loopy! H was hysterical after the nurses told him it was normal.

I remember saying "I see a purple person on the other side of the room...I mean, I know noone is there, but I see a purple person..."

• ALL of the docs in my practice (7 of them) said it was fine to take in the 3rd trimester.  It was a godsend during those last weeks of pregnancy when I was uncomfortable and pregnancy insomnia was kicking my butt.
    I was the BEST mom....until I became a mother. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • during a certain timeframe - i can't remember if it is the beginning or end of pregnancy. i was prescribed it at some point in my pregnancy.
  • They gave it to me every night for over two weeks while I was hospitalized from just before 31 weeks until I delivered at 33weeks. They would come in at night, sit me up, hook me up to monitors after greasing my stomach with ky, leave me attached to monitors for an hour or more, come back, unhook me, clean me up...and I would have no recollection of any of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"