Cincinnati Babies
Options

Happy New Year 2011, yep still here and pregnancy insomnia...

All of the above.  Please someone tell me WHY this pregnancy I can not sleep???  I can manage 3 hours sleep and that's it after that it's a game of waking every hour on the hour, tossing and turning until DS2 does his wake up chant.  This is making late pregnancy so miserable its unbelievable!
DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1

Re: Happy New Year 2011, yep still here and pregnancy insomnia...

• Options
    I've had terrible insomnia with each of my pregnancies... it's rough.  At 10:30 tonight I didn't think I'd make it to midnight... I dozed off for a few minutes, woke up before midnight and now I'm wide awake.  I'm still kicking this flu too, so I've been tired at the most random times and that doesn't help with the insomnia.  I'm going to try to get a few things done and then if I'm not tired after that, I'm throwing in the towel and taking some Benadryl.  I need to get things in gear ASAP.
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options
    We have nothing in the house I can take.  I really need to get something tomorrow so if push comes to shove I don't become a basket case.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well if tonight is a bust, Starbucks will always be there for you in the morning!
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options
    I tried Tylenol pm for the first time and it helped a bit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I stayed up until close to 3am so managed just under 4 hours of sleep before I was awoken.  I am definitely getting me some Benadryl or Tylenol tonight.  I still feel like I didn't get enough sleep :(
  • Options
    Have you tried Tylenol PM or Melatonin?  My doctor told me both were safe to take during pregnancy.  If your doctor hasn't already given you the name of a medicine you can take to help you sleep you should call and ask.  Good luck!  I hope you get sleep soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think I saw on another board a mom was given ambien while PG, so if it gets really bad go for that.  I hope you get rest soon.  I can stay asleep, but it is getting there that is my issue.

Only a few more days hopefully to go.  I'll be interested in what doc says at my next appt.  I've been having cntrx the last 3 nights.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"