Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

i'm a coward.

I told two of my friends over email. 

I avoided J's phone call the other day. I don't think she'll have any idea how to respond; she's not really good at emotional stuff/bad news.  So I just emailed her and told her.

A expressed jealousy when I told her - except of the theoretical kind, since she has only been with her bf 6 months and doesn't really want to get KU before getting married. She also asked how I felt about how everything in my life was perfect. Well, not anymore.  I again couldn't deal with telling her in person or on the phone. So email it was.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 - My BFP chart - EDD 10/20/14♥
♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
 • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

Re: i'm a coward.

• You are NOT a coward.

In fact, I have related so closely to so many of your posts - so if you are a coward, I am too! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BABY GIRL DUE: 12/12/11
    INDUCING: 11/22/11.
  • You are definitely not a coward! I told my friends over gchat or text! It makes it easier to protect yourself and protect the other person from their potential reaction. Believe me, I would do anything to take back hearing my father's reaction when I told him--it will be etched in my brain forever.

You need to take care of you right now and that means doing whatever works for you. If it means telling folks over the phone, so be it. If it means avoiding phone calls, that's within your right. Hang in there. 

I suck at getting pregnant
    I really suck at staying pregnant
  • Yea if you're a coward then so am I! I had to tell by text and its been a week and I still can't say the "M" word out loud! I can only hope it gets easier with time! T&P!
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • I avoided the phone the week of my m/c. I have a lot of out of state family so, Facebook was the way to go for me and my DH. For everyone else I left it up to my grandma and mom to let the family know. So in my book, you're not a coward.
  • I told everyone via email as well. You are not a coward.
  • NOT a coward. I only spoke with my Fiance, my doctor and my mom for about a week and a half. I text one person at work and told them to please pass the word along. And I posted my saying goodbye blog on facebook so i wouldnt have to tell anyone.

08/18/2012 - BFP (Hoping this is our rainbow!)
    06/24/2012 - Loss confirmed at 12 weeks
    12/14/2010 - Loss baby girl at 20 weeks due to Turner Syndrome
    01/2009 - Chemical Pregnancy

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

23 weeks final

My Blog
    Chasing Our Rainbows Loss Blog

• Not a coward.  I should have sent emails or texts to most people.  I only told family and a couple friends and let them spread the word.  I called MIL and SIL and wish I hadn't.  I've been avoiding them a lot since.  I can't deal with stupid responses.
    DD Sophie born 6/10/09 via emergency c-section;
    Missed M/C of Twins 11/29/10 D&C 12/2/10; DD Audrey born 1/18/12 via scheduled RCS

Congratulations to my buddy, muffinhb! Welcome precious Peyton!