Los Angeles Babies
Options

Anyone else have Kaiser?

If so how do you like it? I went for my prenatal registration yesterday and left feeling like I wasted 2 hours. So, I'm just wondering what everyone else's experiences have been.

Re: Anyone else have Kaiser?

• Options
    I really like them.  Although I do have to say that class was rather wasteful - but I think they make everyone take that silly class.  Having said that, I had a wonderful experience (throughout my entire pregnancy).  I especially LOVE my OB/GYN and now LOVE our ped -- so much so, that a friend is changing providers so she can go to our local clinic.

HTH, nance
  • Options
    i love kaiser. i had the kid there 12 years ago, and had such a great experience that when the hub and i decided to TTC, we switched back. although i didn't do a 2-hour prenatal registration - it was just an initial visit with a nurse to fill out paperwork and a blood draw. it didn't take a long time at all, and then the first doctor's appointment was about a week later. we got a quick peek at the baby, saw the heartbeat, and that was about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know how they are in the maternity ward, but they killed my mother who was a cancer patient. They are notorious for neglecting cancer patients (several of whom were friends and relatives of mine--besides my mom) and on that alone I would not give them a penny of my money, nor an ounce of trust with my baby's health.

www . kaiserpapers. info
  • Options
    Kaiser is good for anything that requires primary interventions-illness prevention.  It is cheaper for them to attend to preventing an illness/health condition than treating it.  So they are usually pretty good with healthy peds, pregnancy, etc.  They suck (as a PP mentioned) with chronic or life threatening diseases.

If you are able to advocate for yourself through their administration, you can usually get what you need as well. 
  • Options
    I have been going to Kaiser for several years, and I have been very happy with it, including for my pregnancy. I like the fact that the approach is very preventative, so immunizations and check-ups are free, and that when I have called-during any day, even on the weekend, I get to talk to a dr. I had some spotting during the 2nd trimester, and I felt that I was screened very carefully for any problems. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"