January 2011 Moms

Prenatal Massage @ 37 weeks. Is it safe??

I was wondering whether a pre-natal massage at 37 weeks is safe.  I'm waiting for my OB nurse to call me back, but I have to cancel within 24 hours or I get charged.  Just kind of wanted to get a general consensus.  I can always re-schedule for a post-natal massage.  :-)

Thanks!!

Re: Prenatal Massage @ 37 weeks. Is it safe??

• Yup, it's safe. Make sure you're going to a prenatal massage therapist though (sounds like you are) and tell them how far along you are. I asked too because I thought there was a cut off point. They said it's really just an issue at the beginning of pregnancy.

I had one on Sunday at 37 weeks 3 days. I feel SO much better now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • I have been going all through my pregnancy - i am 39 weeks on mon i am going tues. it may get things moving along for you
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, totally safe. Just make sure you're going to a massage therapist who knows what he/she is doing. (Which it sounds like you are doing!) I understand that there are certain pressure points on the feet that are known to help induce labor, and you certainly wouldn't want those pressed by accident! (But the chances of that happening are unlikely!) Any qualified & trained prenatal massage person should know to avoid those.

I just had a massage last week = heaven. Enjoy!

• Yup, I had one the Monday before my water broke on Friday w/DS.  Heaven!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Absolutely! I've been getting one every 5 to 6 days for the past 4 weeks! I have one tonight @ 7pm. 

• Thanks everyone!  I am very excited now. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"