Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Ok..WWYD (sorry got long)

I had an MRI scheduled..I left my place at 10, my apt was at 1030 usually only takes me 15 mins tops to get to the hospital.  So there was an accident on the way, then I couldnt find a parking spot..I get in and grab my ticket to register at the front desk..I get right in..I look at my phone and it says 10:28..ok good got 2 mins..they register me, then I go over to the MRI department.  They look up after a min and say oh you were late so we gave your apt away.  WTF!  I have been waiting to get this MRI for a flippin yr!  I have a tumour on my pituitary glad (right under my brain)  Thank God not cancer, but still could affect my eye sight. ect.  I have had a migraine for since a week ago Sunday (Dec 19th)  I was in the hospital twice over Christmas because I was in so much pain.  I am pretty good now..but I had to take 2 tylenol 3s this morning. 

So anyways, the point is I have been waiting for awhile to get this to see if it has grown, stayed the same, or shrunk.  So she looks at me and tells me I am late so they gave my apt away..I open my phone and show her the time..10;34!!!!!  10:34!  Seriously!

I was so upset because last time I passed out because of the dye they use and from laying down so long, I reacted and passed out.  I had to get my aunt to come with me just incase she needed to drive me home after..or at least drive me to work. 

My MIL was very upset, she worries about me alot and she told her twin who just called me at work..She told me to call the patient hotline at the hospital and to put in a complaint and explain what happened.  I get so nervous doing stuff like that..but what do you think..should i call or just leave it..They rescheduled for Jan 7th which means I have to take another half sick day urgh!  

I have have 2 MRI's in the past and always have had to wait a good half hour!  But I am 4 mins late this time and they give my apt away. I honestly think that something came up and they needed to fill that spot..fine I understand, another week wont kill me, but dont lie to me.  The other reason I think its fishy is because of the fact that if you "miss" your apt, you usually need to go back to the dr to reschedule..and they gave me the choice of 3 different dates in the next week.  

Sorry so long but I need to know if I should call and not let them get away with being rude, or just leave it.

Thanks

Re: Ok..WWYD (sorry got long)

• Did they tell you to arrive 15min earlier?  Because from my understanding you were there at 10:28 with Ticket in hand and ready to be registered, so if they did not require you to be there 15min early, they shouldn't have turned you away.  And how the hell did they give your appointment away in 4 minutes? It's not like you were late 30 minutes or longer.  That is ridiculous !  I think they screwed up and tried to blame it on you. I would call and complain especially since you have to use another sick day.
  • Wow! You were WAY too nice b/c I would have raised a fuss and  insisted they fit me in. I would definately call the service hotline and lodge a complaint! If you registered at the front desk on time, there was NO reason for your slot to be given away. Ugh...I'm mad for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No they didnt tell me to be 15 mins early..plus I have had to wait before..So I figured it was ok.  AND My point is how did they give it away in 4 mins..it takes longer to prep then that!
  • I would most definitely complain.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • I think you need to call and complain, at least explain the situation. It sounds like you were not treated fairly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely call and complain, and also go somewhere else. Radiology is a business. As someone who has cancer, I have learned my rights and that should be treated like a customer.  They should not have turned you away and I bed the CEO of the hospital will be pretty pissed to lose the business.

Get your doctor to pre-auth you somewhere else. I find there is better care at a stand alone radiology group than a hospital. 

• I would call.  that's ridiculous...you registered right on time...and almost everywhere I've ever been for any kind of medical appt. they give you 15 minutes b4 they even think about giving away your appt time...sounds like someone effed up to me...I would have been ranting and raving in that waiting room...report it for sure...at least they got you in soon...but it is still ridiculous that they didn;t see you today...I am sorry it happend to you...
  • imageDaisy582:
    Wow! You were WAY too nice b/c I would have raised a fuss and  insisted they fit me in. I would definately call the service hotline and lodge a complaint! If you registered at the front desk on time, there was NO reason for your slot to be given away. Ugh...I'm mad for you!

This I would have pitched a fit! I would have not left until they fit me in... you were there at 10:28... I've had several MRI's and I ALWAYS have to wait!! I have to wait for a long time!!!  There is no way they "gave" your appointment away in 4 minutes!  Heck you could have been there waiting like Always and gotten up to us the bathroom!  4 minutes!  I would go to the hospital and demand to speak to the head of the department.  That is crap! I am so ticked off... for you!  Jeeze.... give me their number I'll call them for you!

• umm. no. you were late. too bad. you should've called at least. imho.
  • imageJoLiz:

imageDaisy582:
    Wow! You were WAY too nice b/c I would have raised a fuss and  insisted they fit me in. I would definately call the service hotline and lodge a complaint! If you registered at the front desk on time, there was NO reason for your slot to be given away. Ugh...I'm mad for you!

This I would have pitched a fit! I would have not left until they fit me in... you were there at 10:28... I've had several MRI's and I ALWAYS have to wait!! I have to wait for a long time!!!  There is no way they "gave" your appointment away in 4 minutes!  Heck you could have been there waiting like Always and gotten up to us the bathroom!  4 minutes!  I would go to the hospital and demand to speak to the head of the department.  That is crap! I am so ticked off... for you!  Jeeze.... give me their number I'll call them for you!

This exactly! I would have flipped the F out and demanded they fit me in.

It's not like you were a half hour late. You were MINUTES late. And I've also had MRIs and other tests at hospitals and they always make me wait forever. WTF is wrong with them giving your spot away? So who did they give it to? The next person? Why couldn't they give you their spot?

I'd write a letter of complaint to the head of the department and to the hospital board.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Call the head of the consumer affairs department in the hospital.  If that doesn't work (which it should), call your insurance company and put in a formal complaint with them...no one wants an insurance company investigating their practices (I manage medical practices for a living...a letter from an ins co makes the hairs stand up on administrations necks).   You have a right to access of care and they have violated this. 
  • And P.S.  Where do you live?  I can try to help you if you are in the NYC area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"