Trouble TTC

Help, Im a newbie

I have posted before but not on this board I dont think. I have no clue about anything. We are ttc and are on clomid. I just finished my last cycle on 100mg of clomid and just got my day 21 blood test results. i ovulated and my quant was a 8.19. Last time it was a 5 and my pregnancy test came back neg....What exactly does this mean? Just that I ovulated or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA

Re: Help, Im a newbie

• Most doctors want progesterone (P4) levels above 15 for a medicated cycle.  However if you didnt O on CD14 (if you O'd later or earlier) then CD21 b/w is not going to be accurate.  P4 levels should be drawn 7dpo.  If you are being properly monitored with u/s then you would now if and when you O'd.  Clomid cycles unmonitored can be dangerous.  You should request closer monitoring if you are going to continue clomid with this doctor.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    TTC#2 - Shocked to get a BFP first postpartum cycle  
    Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC # 3 June 2014
  • Your dog is precious for starters! My doctor has only done day 21 blood draws and then tells me to do a home pregnancy test on day 28. No other monitoring at all. He also is only allowing me do 3 months of clomid and has yet to discuss other options if it doesnt work this time.......Im so lost with whats going on, I dont feel any different so i dont think it worked....
  • You should think about getting a new doctor especially if you just seeing a OBGYN.  You should see an reproductive endrocrinologist because they specialize in getting you pregnant. ALso, you should really have an HSG and sperm analysis before anymore clomid.  GL.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    TTC#2 - Shocked to get a BFP first postpartum cycle  
    Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC # 3 June 2014
  • Great, thank you so much. We have never done the sperm analysis because my FI already has 2 kids, they are EXACTLY a year and a day apart so we never thought it would be an issue on his part. But we will def look into everything! Thanks!