Minnesota Babies

Picture studio suggestions

I am so tired of taking my children to get photos and then having them not turn out.  I really cannot afford to spend a ton of money on pics so I am looking for a place that is reasonable.  Any suggestions?  My son's 3 year old pictures are about 3 months overdue!

Re: Picture studio suggestions

• I've had pretty good luck using the JCPenney Portrait Studio at Rosedale. Ask for Cynthia. She's really good with kids! If you have the coupons for a free sitting, pictures are pretty reasonable.
    Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • We like how the pictures turn out at Sears in Maplewood. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We have had two experiences with Proex in Eden Prairie.  One was great, one was not.  I thnk it probably depends on the photographer.  It was fairly reasonable though, and they always have coupons.  One portrait sheet was $9 I think.  That would be one 8x10 or two 5x7 or three 4x6.

I hope that helps.
  • We go to Groe Photo in Oakdale. (Many of the girls I work with take their kids here too.) They are more of an old fashioned studio with actual back drops and props. We have always loved how the pictures of DS turn out. They have a 30 mins session for $40.00. You get to keep all the proofs, usually 18-22 pictures. It generally takes an hour to get your proofs. Then you can order your pictures in a package or ala carte. There website is groephoto.com
  • We use Jessica at JM Photography. She'll come to your house.

https://jmphotographymn.blogspot.com/
  • I too have used JM Photography she is very good.  I have also used JC Penny in Burnsville they are cheap and good for your portrait type photos.
    Good Luck

• I also used Jessica at JM.  She has reasonable rates, and you get the CD to make your own prints.  That was the selling point for me.

• :shameless plug for DH:

Blaine Ritz Proex. Starting on March 8th, they'll be having live bunnies for kids to pose with for Easter pictures, if you're into that. (The bunnies are owned by people who bring them in for a fee, and they are very humanely treated and allowed lots of breaks--I was upset when DH told me about it at first, and didn't want to dissuade anyone from going for that reason!!!)

Took my niece and nephew there for Christmas pics, and the photographer we had actually got my 3 year old niece to smile, which was a huge thing. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"