Breastfeeding
Options

More Milk Plus and Fenugreek

Has anyone taken this together?  I'm taking Fenugreek (3, 3x's/day) and need to up my production more, thinking of adding More Milk Plus.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: More Milk Plus and Fenugreek

• Options

I haven't taken More Milk Plus, I might look into it. But I've been wondering how much I can increase herbs to try to keep production up and when I should just throw in the towel. LO is 5 months old and I've been taking Fenugreek and Mother's Milk Tea from the beginning of week 2 because milk production was almost nil. Just added Blessed Thistle and Alfalfa a week ago because of a sudden decrease in production but I don't know that it's helped much. LO went on a feeding jag this weekend, so production seems to be up a little, but not back to where it was a month ago.

So...sorry not to be providing a real answer to your question. Hope someone out there can. Good luck!

• Options

I took MMP for a few weeks -- didn't make a difference and it was a major pain to remember to take it during some time I *wouldn't* be drinking or eating anything.

Oh, and to the PP who is taking Mother's MIlk Tea -- my LC told me you'd have to drink gallons of it a day to make a difference, so don't force yourself if you don't like it -- me, I drink probably a liter a day just because I think it's so yummy.  The real difference if you drink it is that it's a non-caffeinated beverage and helps keep you hydrated.

I also take fenugreek, but no matter how many capsules I take, I haeven't had that "maple syrup" smell that makes me think it's working. Blessed Thistle, too.

Oh, and I have tried oatmeal, brewer's yeast, and barley.

What has made a difference to me? Sleep and water. LOTS OF WATER. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"