Postpartum Depression

Weaning off Zoloft

I've heard horror stories about it. I've been on 100 mg since September and am ready to come off. Has anyone successfully weaned off Zoloft without suffering miserably?

Re: Weaning off Zoloft

• Can I ask this - why do you think you are ready when you have only been on it for such a short time?  For PPD, my Dr's all recommended that meds be taken for at least 6 months to a year.  Otherwise, symptoms can return.  I was only on my meds for 6 months, when my psychiatrist decided to wean me off of them.  To be quite honest, in retrospect, I think I was pushed into weaning off of them way to early.  But, here is the answer to your question.  I didn't have any of the horrible side effects.  BUT - my psychiatrist weaned me off over 6 weeks, and I was only of 50mg.  I would seriously talk to your Dr about how to wean before weaning though.  It can do some serious damage if you don't go about it the right way. 

Congrats on feeling that you are ready and able to get off the meds!  Hope everything works out!  GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For anxiety and depression sufferers: A lot of reports have been reflecting various harmful Zoloft side effects. In fact, numerous Zoloft lawsuit has been filed by affected patients against its manufacturing company, Pfizer. For more information on this matter, you may seek legal advice from a Zoloft lawyer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"