Single Parents

Finally have time again..

I posted some earlier in my pregnancy, but with trying to finish up college and moving I became an inconsistent lurker. Anyway all the graduating and moving is done and now I'm just waiting on my little girl :) I can't believe Jan 1 is right around the corner!

Anyway my family thinks I should email DB and just let him know what hospital I will deliver at and that the baby and I are healthy. I haven't heard from him in about a month and at this point that is a good thing. Let alone the fact that I pretty much never heard from him throughout my pregnancy except when he was trying to cause problems for me, I'm just unsure if I should send a short and to the point email saying those things. I mean after she is born I am going to call him. Well experience, advice?

Re: Finally have time again..

• That is a personal choice. YOu should not feel pressured by what your family wants you to do.

Remember that he could have just as easy contacted you in the last month to see how you are doing, if he wanted to know.

I did not tell my DB when I was being induced nor did I call him while I was at the hospital. My choice.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Ditto Carrie-your body, YOUR choice. 

Do whatever is going to make you have the most healthy, stress-free L&D possible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with the rest of the ladies. 

He could have contacted you.   If you believe (which you sound like) that it would be less stress to wait until after the baby is here, then do so.  You need the least stress possible for the birth of your child!

You're getting close!  Congrats! 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'll echo the others... it's your choice, not your family's.  It sounds to me that it would be less stressful if you just wait till after your daughter is born to send an email.  Seriously, who needs more stress on the day they are giving birth?!?!  But ultimately it is your choice in what you want to do.
  • Like the others, I don't think you should have to tell him anything. Try to explain to your family that it's less stressful for you this way, and hopefully they can respect that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's always the mom's choice who she wants there - whatever will cause the least amount of stress! Even in a happily married couple if the wife doesn't want her husband in the room then he can't be in there.

A's dad wanted to be there when he was born but I said no because I knew I would be too stressed with him there. And I am glad that I did because I needed up needing a c-section, I could only take 1 person with me so my mom came in with me. It was so nice to have her there with me. I called DB after A was born, the next evening.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"