Trying to Get Pregnant

If you get a BFP before Christmas....

Would you tell your family for Christmas? I know If I would have gotten one last month then yes I would tell them at Christmas. If I get a bfp this month i will only be like 4 weeks so not sure what I would do, even though I am leaning towards no.

Just curious who would tell at Christmas...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you get a BFP before Christmas....

• No way. We would not tell anyone until at least 12 weeks.
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No :( DH doesn't want to tell anyone until the first Tri is over...

:: Love & Tantrums-Baby Blog ::

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage

So happy for my Labor Buddy - EmpireMomof3 and her DD Chloe!
  • As much fun as it would be to tell everyone at Christmas, I don't want to. We will be waiting until 12 weeks to tell anyone.
  • A BFP before Christmas is a long shot for me since I believe FF is way off and I haven't even O'ed yet, but..... if I did get one, I would definitely tell my BF and my parents.  DH and I have already agreed that his family will not be the first to know because they have a serious problem keeping a secret.  Besides them, we would wait to tell everyone else.

Trying for #1 since May 2010

DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   

**TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p 

FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(

FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)

• I would tell my Mother for sure, and my DH's parents and brother (and his GF) since we are going to Jamaica for New Years and they would know something was up because I wouldn't be drinking. We live far from them so it would also be great to tell them in person.
  • Well, I'm not going to get a BFP before Christmas but IF I did, we would be traveling to visit family just days later. So that would be like 4 weeks or something. I wouldn't feel comfortable telling anyone, but my mom would know when she saw that I wasn't drinking. So, I would probably tell her and my dad, but everyone else would have to wait until after 1st tri.
  • Yes, I would have.  ::Sigh::  I wouldn't have been able to contain myself.

• I've been wanting to ask this same question!  No we will not be telling our families.  A few years ago I had some horrible heavy bleeding.  Went to the hospital and found out I was pregnant and miscarrying(apparently you can get pregnant while on birth control and using condoms).  This along with the knowledge that I have a short LP we will be waiting and sending out special valentines cards!
    pregnancy calendar
  • No, we would not tell family.  I want to wait until after my first dr appt to tell family and after first tri to tell everyone else

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13 

• We would definitely tell the immediate family, and our 2 best friends right after Christmas. Everyone else would have to wait until 12 weeks or so.
    I'm a bird.
  • Nope, we would wait until Valentine's instead and send them a card :-D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is a tough one...I won't be so I don't know for sure, but DH will have a hard time keeping it quiet to anyone so we probably would have told our families at Christmas. Ideally I would want to wait until first tri is over, but I know DH and his big mouth so it will be interesting when we do get our BFP. But yes we more than likely would have simply because my mom knows we are TTC and asks me all the time when AF is due and when I can POAS and such, so she would have known without us telling her and DH would not be able to keep quiet since he blabs to everyone that we are TTC.
    P/SAIF Welcome

TTC Since 7/2010

TTC with charting, OPK's, etc since 8/2010

RE Appointment 9/9/11 = Unexplained IF. All tests for DH and I normal

2 Clomid + TI cycles = BFN

1 Clomid + IUI = BFN

1 Clomid + Injects + IUI = BFN

IVF #1 take 1 begins 8/6/12.

Surgery to remove uterine polyp 8/28/12 All clear!

Break due to Gallbladder Surgery 9/13/12.

IVF #1 Take 2 begins 9/7/12, Lupron begins 9/23/12
    Stims begin 10/1/12 (150 Units of Bravelle and 75 Units of Menopur)

ER 10/15 12 eggs retreived, 12 mature and 8 fertilized on their own!

ET 10/20/12 Transferred 2 embies, 1 good and 1 fair extended blasts. 3 frosties waiting for us.

Beta #1 10/31 = 756 (11dp5dt)

Beta #2 11/2 = 1,310 (13dp5dt)

Beta #3 11/5 = 4,158 (16dp5dt)

First u/s 11/12 @ 6w = TWINS!! Both with heartbeats.

Next u/s 11/21 @ 7w3d = Both with heartbeats of 162 and 165.

Graduation Day 11/30 = Both babies looking perfect with heartbeats of 182 each.

• image bjbrock:
    As much fun as it would be to tell everyone at Christmas, I don't want to. We will be waiting until 12 weeks to tell anyone.

This!

BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 2/2010
    DX - Unexplained
    Clomid + IUI 1-3 = BFN
    IVF #1: Stims Started 7/08/11 (Gonal F)
    ER 7/18/11 - 9 retrieved
    Fert Report: 9 mature and all 9 fertilized
    ET 7/21/11 - 2 embies transferred
    Beta 1 (8/03) = 471 Beta 2 (8/5) 1416
  • Well I know I'm out since DH and I can't BD until the 2nd week of January....but if I was I would still wait to tell people.
    BFP Baby #1 06/16/2011 Charles Robert Born 02/08/2012 BFP #2 08/07/2012 EDD 04/08/13 Dman's Blog Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would only tell a couple people who know that were TTC because I'm a terrible liar and they always ask me lol. But I'm not going to know by christmas. :(

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    bfp 01.27.2012-EDD 09.30.2012- m/c 7wks
  • I would probably be too excited and end up telling my parents. Although, I would prefer to wait until the end of 1st trimester, but we'll see!

TTC #1
    Off BCP 2/2010
    Charting since 9/2010
    Dx: Unexplained IF, Hashimoto's
    June 2011 to August 2011: 3 IUIs = BFFN
    Treatment break until Oct/Nov 2011 then moving on to IVF.
    Scratch that. We're moving to adoption!
    11/10/11 Officially matched
    11/18/11 Our little stinker was born!
    3/7/12 Surprise BFP! 4/13/12 missed m/c and D&C at 8w
    BFP#2 6/17/12 EDD 2/25/13

• I will tell close family. I've never experienced a loss so I may regret it but for me, I think I would rather my family know if I have a m/c. I think I would need their support during a time like that. That's why if I get a BFP this week, I will be buying a "tis the season to be pregnant" shirt to break the news to the family over the holidays.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • I believe I would tell my close family (parents, brother/his gf, grandpa, aunt, and uncle) at Christmas if I got a bfp (which pretty much definitely is not happening because I'm not even away from AF yet).

My aunt and mother have both suffered pregnancy losses so if something bad WERE to happen after telling them, I feel like I would really want their support.

• No, no matter when we get get the bfp, we would not tell anyone until out of the 1st tri.

Now that being said, I have been thinking of telling my mother if we do get one at Christmas.  The reason is she lives in Ireland & is kind of planning on coming here for a vacation in February.  If I am KU I would like her to come instead for when the baby is born as I know she cannot afford to do two big trips in one year.

What worries me about that, however, is the woman has a mouth like a fog horn & is quite unable to keep a secret.  It would be all over Facebook within seconds! 

• Hell to the no.
    Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    image image
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Well, I'm torn. I would love to, but at the same time I want to wait. I think this would be something we play by ear. DH wants to tell people right away, but I'd be a little nervous and would like to wait until about 10 - 12 weeks. We will see what happens.
  • my immediate family, sure. With DS we told our parents/siblings/grandparents as soon as we found out (I was about 2 months along at the time) and they all kept it a secret (even H's then-6 year old sister) until I was 14 weeks.

imageimage
    PersonalMilestone
  • Nope. After recently going through a miscarriage and having to "untell" everyone, I think we'll wait until we are in the clear on a future pregnancy. Although it was nice to have my mom to talk to, etc.. it was to painful to have to tell everyone we had lost the pregnancy.
  • I don't think so. If I told anyone it would be my mother... but then how could she hold out and not tell anyone else? I think I would leave it up to my DH. I'm loving the idea of letting them know on V-day... Though I don't know if I would WANT to go through my first trimester without having my mom to commiserate with!
  • image jiffy-pop:
    I will tell close family. I've never experienced a loss so I may regret it but for me, I think I would rather my family know if I have a m/c. I think I would need their support during a time like that. That's why if I get a BFP this week, I will be buying a "tis the season to be pregnant" shirt to break the news to the family over the holidays.

We're TTA for a few more cycles so I won't be getting a BFP for Christmas :(  but I agree with jiffy-pop.  Our loss was absolutely devastating, but I am so grateful that our families knew what was happening and were able to support and comfort us.  I didn't actually have to "un-tell" anyone, because my mother and sister made those phone calls for me.  And it was nice to not have to pretend everything was fine, when I just wanted to cry.  If/when we are blessed again, we will absolutely tell our families (close family, not extended) and closest friends.

11.10.10 from my belly to my heart at 11wks 5days

• image bjbrock:
    As much fun as it would be to tell everyone at Christmas, I don't want to. We will be waiting until 12 weeks to tell anyone.

This.

• I think I would tell my mom, but nobody else.  Then I'd have to think up a good excuse for not drinking wine (b/c that's what my family does at Christmas and it would be pretty obvious if I wasn't drinking)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • we arent telling anyone until we are 12 weeks along...so no definetly not
    Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • image buttercupaug06:
    We would definitely tell the immediate family, and our 2 best friends right after Christmas. Everyone else would have to wait until 12 weeks or so.

This. Our immediate family and our close friends who have been praying for us on this TTC will know. We will announce to everyone else around 12 weeks.