Babies: 0 - 3 Months

7 WO, sleep help needed

I know that most of my problems are my fault for taking the path of least resistance, but I would really love help.

Does anyone have any advice for how to change from co-sleeping to baby sleeping in crib alone?  I would really like to get back in bed with my husband, but DS won't go to sleep at night when he isn't nursing (a pacifier is not an acceptable compromise for him), and no matter how slow or gentle I am, transferring him to his crib always wakes him up, at which point I have to let him nurse again for at least 15 minutes before he is really asleep again. Any help would be awesome; I would really like to get out of the guest room.

Re: 7 WO, sleep help needed

• When I transfer my LO he usually wakes up too.  I just put him in the bassinet anyways to see if he's stay.  I have a little dolphin toy that makes waves sounds (ie white noise) so I turn that on and walk away.  If he's screaming then I'll pick him up again but 90% of the time he's just drifts off.

My cop out is when I don't think he'll drift off in the bed then I put him in the swing.  If he's awake when I put him in there, within two minutes he's out and stays in there for like 5 hours.

• swaddle him, nurse, the when he falls asleep try a paci and white noise. you might try waiting longer to transfer. mine has "light" sleep where she'll wake if moved, and deep sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAllie30:
    swaddle him, nurse, the when he falls asleep try a paci and white noise. you might try waiting longer to transfer. mine has "light" sleep where she'll wake if moved, and deep sleep.

This.  DD hits deep sleep about 20 minutes in.

Also, if he wakes when you put him in the crib, immediately remove him, shush, rock, and put him back in the crib once he has calmed down.  I've found that with DD, it'll work on the 3rd try.

• We have the same exact problem..I'm going insane. Last night was aweful. I can't remember how many times I tried to put her in her crib, sometimes it seemed to work and she dozed off only to wake up crying again just as I get into bed. She sleeps about 5 hours straight in her swing. I have tried everything as well. I even put her sheet in the dryer a bit before bed so it would be warm. White noise, pacifier, sea horse, and they all work for about 5 minutes! Let me know if you find something that works. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"