2nd Trimester

Help! I can't stop smoking. I'm horrible

13»

Re: Help! I can't stop smoking. I'm horrible

• Allow me to interject here and say that those who are smoking around you are being selfish @$$holes. It is not fair to you to help you stop and continue to smoke (temptation is strong, especially when others are doing it).  Good luck and stay strong!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Your baby will be just fine even if you don't stop and people need to not be stupid! If your smoking a pack or more a day then you have issues, but a few cigs a day aren't going to do much, Quitting will stress you out which can stress your baby out! Just start slowing down each day. Your not a horrible person. Your baby will be just fine! No worries dear!

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
  • Loading the player...
  • the comparison has only to do with the fact that it is pretty unhealthy. instead of asthma or lung disorders, you'll end up with high cholesterol and blood pressure which isn't good either. as for people and their will power, its as i said before, the only one who suffers here is mom and baby, it doesnt affect YOU, or your unborn. the point I'm making is just about every mom-to-be out there makes decisions during her pregnancy, and just about every mom to be is gonna make a few unhealthy decisions because thats a risk she's willing to take. she alone is the one bearing the responsibility of worrying once baby comes wether or not it was even worth the fuss.
  • I love how you misconstrue my message-the fact is, either one is unhealthy, lung disorders or high blood pressure/high cholesterol, take your pick. but the risks a mother takes is up to her and her alone, and only she and baby are the ones who will suffer the conseqeunces. I'm not really sure how that translates to me being selfish.
  • i'm not so sure that laser procedures while pregnant are any safer than the smoking itself....for hubby maybe but for mom i can't imagine feeling safe doing anything involving lasers...

• There is a good (and free) stop smoking booklet at https://www.hypnosiskansascity.com/Free_Stop_Smoking_Help_Cold_Turkey.html

It contains a quick 10 to 15 pages of practicle advice on how to break free.

Good Luck!!

Dirk Patrick, Hypnotherapist

• I FELT JUST LIKE YOU......I COULD NEVER IMAGINE MYSELF NOT SMOKING....I GOT HYPNOTHERAPY ON MONDAY AND QUIT...I AM NOW A NON  SMOKER...BELIEVE ME I WAS THE SAME WAY...CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"