Postpartum Depression
Options

Zoloft and alcohol?

If you're on Zoloft have you had any drinks? The info said not to and I haven't tried yet. Thanks.

Re: Zoloft and alcohol?

• Options
    i have had 2-3 glasses of wine on occassion...i do have a pretty strong tolerance though.  just don't overdo it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've been on zoloft multiple times for other issues and I'd suggest not drinking.  The occasional glass of wine/beer wont' hurt; however, just from my personal experiences, the more you drink the less effective the drug is.  Sometimes it can even make you feel worse. 

Think of it this way: alcohol is a depressant, and zoloft is working to reverse the effects of depression, so it sort of 'nullifies' the active ingredients when alcohol is consumed.  

You should be ok as long as you're not drinking in excess, but ask your doc to be sure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm on Zoloft and still enjoy wine :)  Like the PP said, just don't overdo it.  I've been ok though :)
    Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've never had issues with alcohol affecting antidepressants, but everyone's body chemistry is different.
  • Options
    You should ask your physician on possible interaction of Zoloft and alcohol. Zoloft alone may cause negative side effects and withdrawal symptoms, according to clinical studies. Also, be reminded that excessive alcohol intake can be very dangerous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"