1st Trimester
Options

"Was it planned?"

2»

Re: "Was it planned?"

• Options

imageflowerchild77:
    I find it a pointless, prying question. If I had wanted you to know about my sex life and/or lack of birth control methods I wouldve told you freely. But really now, wth are people supposed to reply to either answer? Like I said- pointless and prying.

I completely agree with you! If you say it was planned are you going to get a more enthusiastic congratulations from them?

I have always found this question to be rude. My first child was not planned and I had thought that was why I hated being asked. However, this one was planned and I still can't stand it!

• Options

I was asked several times "Were you trying?" to which I usually responded "Well, we weren't not trying." And luckily DH is a quick-witted smartass, so he would tend to pipe up about his "Sperm with powers and abilities beyond that of mortal sperm" and various other pop culture references.

What I think pissed me off more was MIL's behind-my-back comments of "I hope you've thought this through." "It's not going to be a walk in the park." etc. but I've come to expect as much from her. Confused

I'm ready to climb the walls, too, buddy.

<a href="http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/thcity/Mobile Uploads/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Its not appropriate.

My future mother in law sat us down and asked if I was on birth control and if he wore a condom. I mean, I know we're a little young, but he's 20, we don't need his mother to have a talk with us. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"