Preemies

A Positive Story of Hope and Prayer

I know those of you going through this emotional and stressful time could use a hopeful and positive story right now. So I thought I would share the story of my nephew. I know that when he was born I scoured the internet for hopeful stories to help ease my mind and I wanted to give you that same hope. Thanksgiving Day of 2009 I got a call from my mom that my sister-in-law was in the hospital about to deliver my nephew, when she was just a mere 25 weeks along. My sister-in-law got HELLP syndrome and there was no choice but to deliver. Needless to say that day involved lots of tears and prayers. But here we are 1 year later and this weekend we celebrated my nephew's 1 Year Birthday. He was in the NICU for 3 months and came home 1 week before his original due date. He endured two eye surgeries and heart surgery to close a valve. He struggled with moments of desats and fluid in his lungs. But he persevered and is now a healthy happy baby. He is crawling, pulling up to stand and super duper smiley. The only effect we can see is that he is small for his (adjusted) age and hasn't quite gotten a loud voice yet. He brings us so much joy and is truly a miracle. Please keep praying for your little ones and keep hope. There will be many tough moments but you will get through them. Lean on each other and your loved ones. There are fun, positive and peaceful times ahead I promise. I pray for all of you and that you keep strong and hopeful.

Re: A Positive Story of Hope and Prayer