Nurseries and Baby Gear

Need nursery painting advice...

If you painted your nursery pink, what shade did you use?  I'm looking through the Sherwin Williams paint deck and there are a million shades of light pink and I can't decide what is too light or too dark.  We have Lowe's, Home Depot, SW so I'm open to any brand. 

Also, we have a chair rail in the room already, so would you paint pink above or below the chair rail?  We are going to do ivory for the other color.

Thanks! 

Re: Need nursery painting advice...

• We used Hello Dolly from Lowe's and although it has grown on me, I really wish I had gone 1-2 shades lighter.

RH baby has a Petal Pink that is really nice, but Lowe's didn't have it in their system to match. I actually let my 4 year old DS pick the color since I couldn't decide. 

We are hoping to put up bead board  in the future and would do that on the bottom... therefore, my suggestion would be to put the pink above the chair rail and ivory below.

HERE is a link to some pics from our Pepto nursery....  It's still a work in progress.

• In our twin's nursery, we used Valspar Noble Blush and it's awesome. It's pink without being too pink. It goes well with the bedding etc...from Restoration Hardware. In my daughter's room we used Laura Ashley (Valspar) Petal and Fuchsia (her picks) and they are nice too especially if you're looking for a bright pink. All purchased at Lowe's.
  • Loading the player...
  • Baby blush and Pink Wink from Valspar are very lovely colors.

I would definitely suggest buying a few samples and testing them out in the room. Lighting really affects the paint color.

I would do the pink under the chair rail. Putting the darker color on top would make the room feel smaller.

Good luck!

Lover of all things baby. Founder & Editor of Chic & Cheap Nursery.
  • I do love Sherwin Williams. I like how their color goes on and they have the zero VOC line which limits the toxins your baby will be exposed to!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I painted my craft room a light pink: Valspar (Lowes) in Utterly Pink and I love the color.  I also prefer the Valspar paint (I've had a few terrible experiences with Behr)  I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the room, but it's a really pretty pink. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LIttle Bug - BFP - 11/4/09 - M/C - 1/8/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"