Babies: 0 - 3 Months

time to yourself

how much time do you get to yourself now that LO is here?  i'm bf'ing, so it takes about an hour to feed her, then when she is done, i have to burp her and walk around for a bit.  then, by the time i put her down, it's time to rinse out bottles or pump parts, maybe pump, do laundry, find time to eat, etc.

do you ever get a chance to veg out for a bit?

Visit My Blog

SAIFW

TTC #1 Since 2/2007.
no success after 6 ivfs.
IVF # 7--holy sh!t...bfp!
Beta=#1: 89, #2 (crazy story), #3: 1681, #4: 2228
EDD: 11/05/2010
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
It's another girl!!!

Re: time to yourself

• Time to yourself...? What's that?
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09

• time to myself consists of showering. lol.

• Surprisingly, yes. I thought I'd never get any with 2u2 but it's been going really well. Both girls typically nap at the same time so I get a couple hours each afternoon. I usually get some at night after they're both asleep and in the morning when DD2 is napping and DH is home to play with DD1.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image Sweets2005:
    Time to yourself...? What's that?

yup, that's what i thought.  when DH is able to take over for a bit, i just find more chore like things to get accomplished.

Visit My Blog

SAIFW

TTC #1 Since 2/2007.
    no success after 6 ivfs.
    IVF # 7--holy sh!t...bfp!
    Beta=#1: 89, #2 (crazy story), #3: 1681, #4: 2228
    EDD: 11/05/2010
    IT'S A GIRL!!!

It's another girl!!!

• image m&m2006:

image Sweets2005:
    Time to yourself...? What's that?

yup, that's what i thought.  when DH is able to take over for a bit, i just find more chore like things to get accomplished.

Lol yep! 

• image cherry_Blossum:
    time to myself consists of showering. lol.

Thiiiiiiis... I've started taking my iPod into the BR with me for some chill time while DH watches LO.

siggy
  • Usually my finace take's DD when he gets home from work, but my time to myself is usually doing homework, picking up the house, or going to the store (which I usually take DS with me when I go). Sometimes they nap at the same time, but DS doesn't nap often now, and DD never wants to be put down, so I do most stuff with her in my arms!
  • It gets better I promise.  My LO is 10 weeks old and doesn't constantly want to be held like he did at 3 weeks. 
  • My DH's idea of time to myself is when I go to school. So apparently every Tuesday from 4-7....that and showering which I sadly get to do rarely. Only when DH is home and can be with LO..I typically shower at night but sometimes by the time I'm free it's late so I make the wise decision of getting a little bit more sleep. It's kinda gross sometimes but at least the sweating isn't as bad as it used to be!
    Shhh...we're reading...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Marshmallows!!
  • while i was bf'ing i never got time to myself. but my body stoped making milk so now im bottle feeding. now i let his nana take him for a day here and there so i can have mommy time. but just warning u even if u have a babysitter ur mind will play tricks on u and u will  look for ur baby or u will think u heard a cry. it will be ok Smile
  • Even with a DH who goes above and beyond helping, it is hard if you are breastfeeding. Everyone that says, "Make sure you rest" or "You should try and get out".  Um, ok.  But I still need to nurse, which is a crapshoot any time between every 2-4 hours.  And even if he gets a bottle of breastmilk, I need to be pumping then. 

It's a great idea in theory, but right now it doesn't really translate into practice all that well.  And my kid is a great sleeper and my husband is a great help.

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • I try to balance time doing chores with time to myself while she naps. As long as the house isn't falling down around me, I'd rather let the laundry sit unfolded and read a book. I've also been pretty good about getting out of the house by myself at least once a week, just for an hour or two. I grab a drink with friends or window shop or go to a friend's house to catch up. My husband loves the one-on-one time with her.
  • I expect the only time I'll have to myself for quite some time is when I need to get my nails done or get a haircut. Oh wait when I go back to work I will be alone in the car after I drop DD1 off at daycare. That counts, right? Stick out tongue

• I was away from DD for the first time around 4-5 weeks. It was 30 minutes and it felt awesome and strange. I felt a bit suffocated at that point so I definitely needed even just a few moments away. Then DH was out to sea until she was about 10 weeks, so I didn't really have any more time away from her until then. Now that he's home, luckily, I can get a few hours here and there and she starts daycare in a couple weeks. I am dreading leaving her and excited at the same time to have "me" time and to be able to get some stuff done without her.
  • After the LO go to sleep, and on weekends/evenings when my DH is around I can get out a bit here and there (but it's to do errands or get groceries...). It's really hard to get a real break when they're so tiny and have to nurse so much. And my definition of "down time" is totally different with two - DS1 has preschool twice a week, so when it's just the baby and I, that's my break to do (pretty much) what I want. And naptime, but that's more "pass out when the kids are sleeping" time for me right now, ha ha ha.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)