July 2011 Moms

Sleeping position and my first encounter of m/s

1. First, I always sleep on my stomach, it is just the most comfortable. I know that once I start getting a belly it won't be the best position, but I had no idea how hard it would be to sleep on my stomach at this point in my pregnancy because of the sore boobs!

2. I think I got my first hit of morning sickness (yay and boo). I woke up in the middle of the night to pee (like I do every night..) and the next thing I know the feeling of "I have to throw up" just hit me. However, after trying to puke, nothing came out. Went back to bed and asked DH for a water bottle. His response was "gosh you are so needy, it is like you are pregnant or something". Confused Now I feel just fine again though, weird. I was hoping it would stay away one more week, but I don't know about that.

And, when it gets daylight outside I am going YARDSALING!!! I am so excited, it has been a while since I have been. However, I probably won't go for another 30-45 minutes.

Anyone else doing anything fun this morning??

Re: Sleeping position and my first encounter of m/s

• nothing fun for me....i actually came into work to catch up on a few things...i'm bumping while i do some paperwork Huh?

after i leave here...i might stop and look for a baby shower gift for next weekend....which means some browsing for myself...which really excites me since i refuse to consider buying anything for a few more months

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yardsaling.  Fun.  I'm watching the snow fall.

As for sleeping, I am trying to retrain myself to sleep on my sides and that is hard.  I like to sleep on my back and so I am trying to get out of that early.  Trouble for me is that my hips and shoulders are hurting so I wake up a lot in the night.  

Enjoy your weekend!

• Loading the player...
  • OMG, its like I wrote your post!!  I had the EXACT same experience last night, and we're dd buddies.

I love sleeping on my stomach, but my boobs were killing me last night.  I had my office holiday dinner party last night so it may have been the bra I was wearing as it felt awesome to take it off when we got home!

And I took my prenatal before bed as usual (a little later than usual perhaps), and immediately gagged it up.  Gross.  Got it down finally and went to bed.  An hour later I woke up tasting the vitamin still and I got that "gonna puke" feeling, ran to the bathroom and heaved a bunch of times but nothing came up.  That's the first time I've ever actually almost puked, I've only just been a little queasy to this point.

So weird we had the same night!  Have you had your first appt yet?  Mine is on Monday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a stomach sleeper too. When I sleep on my side, I wake up sore.  I've asked Santa for the pregnancy sleeping pillow, I hope that helps a little. 

I'm going to my a 2 y/o's b-day party! He also has a new sister that is about 4 weeks old.  It should be a good time! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I'm a stomach sleeper too; I always wake up with sleep lines on my face (future wrinkles...boo!) because I'm been smashed in the covers all night. I'm also trying to get used to sleeping on my side, but that position seems to "smoosh" my sore chest more and is not terribly comfortable. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get bigger...perhaps a body pillow will be in order.

I've never been yard sale hunting before, but I bet you can find really great deals. DH and I are Christmas shopping today, as well as birthday and baby shower shopping. I'm so excited to go to Baby's R Us to get the baby shower gift just so I can look around and dream a little. Big Smile

Have a great Saturday, ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm also a stomach sleeper, but lately I have been training myself to sleep on my side since my stomach is less comfortable than it used to be...sorry about the m/s. I felt the same way when my m/s started a few days ago...it seems mine is worst at night and in the morning. I was happy I got it because up til then I was feeling no symptoms, but at the same time it's no fun. 
  • imagemeg211:

OMG, its like I wrote your post!!  I had the EXACT same experience last night, and we're dd buddies.

So weird we had the same night!  Have you had your first appt yet?  Mine is on Monday.

lol! Crazy. And my first u/s appointment is Wednesday.

And yardsaling (is that spelled right?) was pretty good this morning. I got a few small things, nothing really great. But wow, there were a TON of adorable baby clothes and baby items! Unfortunately, I don't want to start investing in any of it until we know if we will have a girl or boy. That will be a long time away....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"