Babies: 0 - 3 Months

So what do YOU do with LO when they're up at 5 AM?

It just seems like too early to turn on the light and engage, even if I know she might not fall back to sleep for awhile.  My LO is not particularly a snuggler - she's much too squirmy for that.  If I leave her in the Rock N Play awake, she grunts and "talks" so loudly I can't sleep anyway, even if the monitor is off.  So then I'm like, well, I might as well be up with her.  Just wondering if people actually take the baby out, engage for awhile so they tire back out to maybe sleep til 7 or 8, or fight it, and keep it dark, quiet, etc...

Re: So what do YOU do with LO when they're up at 5 AM?

• I take him out of his crib and engage, but I keep the lights low, don't turn on the tv and keep him wrapped warmly in his blankets. He's also a grunter and has recently started babbling to himself in his crib, and will start to fuss if he's awake and left alone too long. He'll usually go back to sleep around 6:30 and sleep for another two or three hours.
  • I don't usually engage the girls until they're fully awake.  If they're crying or fussy but still kind of drowsy, I check their diapers or try to give them a bottle.  If that doesn't work, then I let them be until they "tell" me that they're ready to be up. 

Most of the time they just look around a little, chatter and flail around before settling back down to sleep. 

imageimage

Yes.  Yes you are, Benny.  (Bonus: Chris Pine!!!!eleventy111sploosh)

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

I still remember CG telling me my legs would slide off Finnick's shoulders. In my head I said, "we really should be friends." ~LauraT25

"You are annoying and seem to have nothing better to do than talk about cookie pie and insult others." ~ Troll du jour

• Usually if my son is up early and I know he will need more sleep but he doesn't seem quite ready yet I just pull out the old pacifier and within seconds his eyelids start to droop.  If that DOESN'T happen I know he will be up for a while so may as well engage now and hope for a long nap later.
  • image cinema_goddess:

I don't usually engage the girls until they're fully awake.  If they're crying or fussy but still kind of drowsy, I check their diapers or try to give them a bottle.  If that doesn't work, then I let them be until they "tell" me that they're ready to be up. 

Most of the time they just look around a little, chatter and flail around before settling back down to sleep. 

All of this, except I only have one :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• He's usually not up until 7, but the rare occasion he's been up too early I check his diaper and feed, if he's still wide awake he goes in the swing while I nap.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • if he wakes that early i'll usually put him in bed with me and give him the paci and he'll fall back to sleep, occassionally he'll want to eat..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If my DD is awake at 5 although she's nearing a month she is up for a while so I turn on the lights and talk to her while she nurses. Might as well I'm not going back to sleep any way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We get up at 6 for the day, so if he wakes up at 5 it's not too much of a stretch to just get up for the day. I'll usually take the opportunity to have some mommy and baby snuggle or tummy time and enjoy the hour before we have to get up and dressed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • change, feed her, and try to lay her back down. If that doesn't work I will keep her in her sleep sack and snuggle her in my bed until she falls back asleep.