Babies: 0 - 3 Months

birth control??

how long after having your baby did you go on birth control?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: birth control??

• I am getting the Paragard this thursday, so about 7 weeks.
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • My doctor suggested nuvaring at 6 weeks. However, after reading the nuvaring website (which specifically says "do not use if you are BF"), I abandoned BC altogether in favor of the rhythm method.
  • Loading the player...
  • 6 weeks. They say that's when the risk for clotting goes down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it all depends on if your breast feeding also. I thought breastfeeding altered your cycle and you dont ovulate? im not too sure, so do not quote me on that. Im not going on birth control given the fact LOs father isnt here anymore and the last thing im honestly concerned about is finding another guy. Just need my little man :)

Santas little helper!

• imageSarahhhlynn:
    I think it all depends on if your breast feeding also. I thought breastfeeding altered your cycle and you dont ovulate? im not too sure, so do not quote me on that. Im not going on birth control given the fact LOs father isnt here anymore and the last thing im honestly concerned about is finding another guy. Just need my little man :)

You can still get pregnant while BFing. I am EBFing and on the mini pill. 

It was given to me at my 6 week follow up appointment. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got my IUD @ 8 weeks.  I had to wait until 8 weeks because I had a c/s.
    BabyModel$$ Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I will be getting an IUD at 6 or 8 weeks (whenever I schedule my appointment). My doctor and I have already discussed it and I kind of can't wait.
    "There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started my period the week of my 6wk PP checkup and arranged for BC that day and started it that very sunday. I didnt wanna take any chances b/c after nine months of almost no sex, me and my bf were a little too eager! Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a Depo shot at 6 weeks PP.  I am BF and it did not affect my supply at all.  DH is getting the big V on Friday so I will get 1 more shot in January and then no BC for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • what is the mini pill?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's a birth control pill that does NOT contain estrogen, like the usual ones do. If you are BFing, this is the pill to be taking. Also, you have to be super strict about when you take them (same time everyday) or, as my OB sad to me, you will be pregnant again pretty quickly!

https://www.birth-control-comparison.info/minipill.htm

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSarahhhlynn:
    I think it all depends on if your breast feeding also. I thought breastfeeding altered your cycle and you dont ovulate? im not too sure, so do not quote me on that. Im not going on birth control given the fact LOs father isnt here anymore and the last thing im honestly concerned about is finding another guy. Just need my little man :)

You can get pregnant while breastfeeding...So, if you happen to meet a guy you may want to refrain from sex if you aren't using some form of birth control.  Breastfeeding is not, I repeat, is not birth control.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"