2nd Trimester

I never really thought about it..?

(Im 22weeks) & I apologize in advance if this is a silly question..!

So I was laying down on the couch, & wanted a glass of water. So I sat up & noticed my bellybutton totallllly pushed out, like all the way! (My shirt was up bc I was feeling baby moving around, & thats when I saw it) It went back in once I was sitting up. It just caught me off guard.

So I told the DH to watch my bellybutton, as I laid back down, & sat back up again. (it freaked him out) He went on saying how I shouldn't be sitting up the way I was.. that I need to roll on my side first, then get up. He thought he heard my Dr. say that. I just don't remember hearing that.. & it never really occurred to me to 'watch how I sit up'.

I didn't think it was a big deal.. is it?? I'm just not sure now. hah

TIA! 

Re: I never really thought about it..?

• Mine is still an innie but it goes almost flat when I use my ab muscles to sit up in bed.

ETA: I've heard it's hard on your pregnant body to sit up straight from laying down and you should lean more to one side or the other or use something to pull yourself up. I don't know exactly why.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There was a point at the end of my last pregnancy that they ONLY way I could get up was by rolling like a whale. Fun times ahead!

Anyway, I've never heard of it being BAD, just easier to roll around. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Was it just your bellybutton or did your stomach also pop up a bit?

I have diastasis recti (where your stomach muscles separate) and when I sit up my belly button pops out but then goes back to normal when I rest. My stomach also pops up a little bit when I sit up- almost like a tent.

I didn't realize I had it until my OB pointed it when I was sitting up on the table one appt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesleepingbeauty825:

There was a point at the end of my last pregnancy that they ONLY way I could get up was by rolling like a whale. Fun times ahead!

Anyway, I've never heard of it being BAD, just easier to roll around. 

this and dont forget when the "waddling" starts... lol!! O the joy of pregnancy

• I think it's just hard on your back to get straight up, especially as you get bigger.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"