Trouble TTC
Options

Anyone with PCOS also have thyroid/adrenal issues?

I just got the call from the doctor today that my levels were low and he prescribed thyroid meds and recommended an adrenal supplement and a D3 supplement.

I'm also on Femara 5 mg days 1-5 this month (did not respond last month on 2.5 days 3-7), Estradiol days 10-12, and Prometrium days 18-30...

...and 1000 mg of Metformin twice daily, 81 mg aspirin, and mucinex around time of ovulation (although I haven't ovulated yet).

Anyone else have the thyroid issues along with PCOS? What is your treatment plan? 

Started TTC May 2010 Dx PCOS Nov 2010 DH dx with abnormal morph, low motility, poor progression, March 2011 Nov 2010, Femara, 2.5 mg + TI, = no response Dec 2010, Femara 5 mg + TI, 1 mature follie = BFN Jan 2011, Femara 5 mg + TI = no response Feb 2011, Femara 7.5 mg + TI, 2 mature follies = BFN March 2011-break April 2011, Clomid, 100 mg = no response May 2011, Femara 7.5 mg + Bravelle = no response, ovarian cyst Jun 2011, Checked for cysts, 1 unexpected mature follie, trigger shot + TI = BFN Jul 2011, Femara 10 mg + IUI #1, 2 mature follies = BFN Aug 2011, break

Re: Anyone with PCOS also have thyroid/adrenal issues?

• Options

I also have both issues as well. I am on thyroid meds, 1000 mg of metformin as well as 200 mg of clomid on day 2-6, I havent responded at all to the other levels of clomid so they arent really hopeful that I will respond to 200 mg. But we still have to try, if these dont work I have to move to injectables.

• Options
    imagesassydevil83:

I also have both issues as well. I am on thyroid meds, 1000 mg of metformin as well as 200 mg of clomid on day 2-6, I havent responded at all to the other levels of clomid so they arent really hopeful that I will respond to 200 mg. But we still have to try, if these dont work I have to move to injectables.

No Femara? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm also on thyroid medicine, 1500mg of metformin, but no adrenal meds.  i did 2 cycles of clomid with no success and terrible side effects.  i did one cycle of femerea this month.  had a follie check on monday (14.4 mm) and i go back on friday to see if it hit the 18mm mark to then do trigger shot and iui.
  • Options

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 15 and have been on synthroid ever since. I was diagnosed with PCOS a year and a half ago.

I see an endo to treat both and am currently on .125 of levothyroxine (synthroid generic), 1700 mg of metformin, and 30 mg of actos. I have responded to the met/actos combo and have O'ed every cycle since starting to take them.

I will say that when I was being treated by my GP for my thyroid issues, my numbers were all over the place and was told they were "normal". There are differing views on what is normal and I believe that once I started seeing the endo and got my TSH down to acceptable levels for TTC (between 1 and 2), that it helped my respond to the met/actos.

Also, I know REs have different opinions on metformin, but I was told the therapuetic dose of metformin is 1500 mg. Just being curious, but are you working your way up to that dose? What is the point of being on a low dose of metformin?

Not trying to be rude or snarky, I am just genuinely curious.

• Options
    I have mild hypothyroid and PCOS. I take synthroid and Metformin, in addition to whatever drugs I'm cycling with at any given moment. I did not respond well to Clomid, but did respond well to Follistim, an injectable.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism years ago.  I knew it was coming, my mom has it, her mom had it, and her sisters have it.  I've been on synthroid ever since with the dosage increasing every so often.

I was on metformin for a short period of time but it only succeeded in making me feel sick so my doctor took me off of it.

I've gone though a few cycles of clomid, the last one I responded to well but ended in a BFN.  This one is still in the works although I'm starting to get discouraged since on CD13 I still didn't have any measurable follies. 

• Options
    imageermaderma:

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 15 and have been on synthroid ever since. I was diagnosed with PCOS a year and a half ago.

I see an endo to treat both and am currently on .125 of levothyroxine (synthroid generic), 1700 mg of metformin, and 30 mg of actos. I have responded to the met/actos combo and have O'ed every cycle since starting to take them.

I will say that when I was being treated by my GP for my thyroid issues, my numbers were all over the place and was told they were "normal". There are differing views on what is normal and I believe that once I started seeing the endo and got my TSH down to acceptable levels for TTC (between 1 and 2), that it helped my respond to the met/actos.

Also, I know REs have different opinions on metformin, but I was told the therapuetic dose of metformin is 1500 mg. Just being curious, but are you working your way up to that dose? What is the point of being on a low dose of metformin?

Not trying to be rude or snarky, I am just genuinely curious.

I take 1000mg in the morning and 1000mg in the evening, so 2000mg daily. 

Thanks for responding with all your info . It's very helpful to hear other people's experiences.

Started TTC May 2010 Dx PCOS Nov 2010 DH dx with abnormal morph, low motility, poor progression, March 2011 Nov 2010, Femara, 2.5 mg + TI, = no response Dec 2010, Femara 5 mg + TI, 1 mature follie = BFN Jan 2011, Femara 5 mg + TI = no response Feb 2011, Femara 7.5 mg + TI, 2 mature follies = BFN March 2011-break April 2011, Clomid, 100 mg = no response May 2011, Femara 7.5 mg + Bravelle = no response, ovarian cyst Jun 2011, Checked for cysts, 1 unexpected mature follie, trigger shot + TI = BFN Jul 2011, Femara 10 mg + IUI #1, 2 mature follies = BFN Aug 2011, break
  • Options

imageKLG7175:

I take 1000mg in the morning and 1000mg in the evening, so 2000mg daily. 

Thanks for responding with all your info . It's very helpful to hear other people's experiences.

Gotcha!

GL!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"