Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Crib for Grandma's? Graco Lauren . . . Ikea?

My in-laws are looking to buy a crib for their house.  They now have two grandchildren and realize how hard it is to travel with kids.

They asked for recommendations and my sister-in-law told them to buy a drop-down crib.  I thought the Consumer Product Safety Commission had proposed banning the sale of those. 

Anyways, does anyone have any recommendations for a crib under $200?  Baby Bargains mentioned the Graco Lauren and the ones at Ikea.  Does anyone have these?

Re: Crib for Grandma's? Graco Lauren . . . Ikea?

• We have the Graco Lauren and like it. It's nice looking and was easy enough to assemble. I'd recommend it.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • I don't know about the CPSC, but there's no way in hell I'd let my kid sleep in one.  Ever.

My mom has a pnp at her house; she's planning on getting a real bed when Bean is ready for a big boy bed. Our crib was around $200.  It's the Carter's Sleep Haven crib at BRU.  We have the one without the curved back.  I love it & would recommend it.  It converts to a toddler bed, but not a full-size bed.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought a PNP with a changer for the GPs' houses. It's nice b/c they don't need to buy a changing table and it had storage for just enough stuff so they don't have to let their place be overrun by baby stuff. Plus, it folds up if they get other, grown up, house guests. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • imageablou:

I don't know about the CPSC, but there's no way in hell I'd let my kid sleep in one.  Ever.

This exactly. We have the Graco Lauren though and love it. It was easy to put together too.

Little man # 1 - 03/05/2010
    Little man # 2 - 05/02/2013
    Little sister - 07/16/2015
  • imagestarryeyeddreamer:
    imageablou:

I don't know about the CPSC, but there's no way in hell I'd let my kid sleep in one.  Ever.

This exactly. We have the Graco Lauren though and love it. It was easy to put together too.

I'm totally with you.  I think that I'll pass along to the in-laws some links of specific cribs to look at and politely mention the potential ban.  I don't think you can even find drop-downs in stores anymore. 

Did I mention sister-in-law uses a non-repaired recalled crib from Pottery Barn?  Her husband (my DH's brother) makes over seven (yes, seven!) figures, so they can afford a new crib.   

• We have the Graco Lauren for DD.  It is a great crib!  Easy to put together, good looking and durable.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs.Paws:
    imagestarryeyeddreamer:
    imageablou:

I'm totally with you.  I think that I'll pass along to the in-laws some links of specific cribs to look at and politely mention the potential ban.  I don't think you can even find drop-downs in stores anymore. 

Did I mention sister-in-law uses a non-repaired recalled crib from Pottery Barn?  Her husband (my DH's brother) makes over seven (yes, seven!) figures, so they can afford a new crib.   

Good luck - I hope they take your advice. They worry me due to all of the recalls. That's scary that they won't fix it.

Little man # 1 - 03/05/2010
    Little man # 2 - 05/02/2013
    Little sister - 07/16/2015
  • I have the IKEA LEKSVIK crib for my daughter. It was only 129.00 and its great. It also seems shorter to me than other cribs so if you have any shorter people its more comfortable to get the baby in and out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"