2nd Trimester
Options

not taking pictures or reading books

I feel kind of bad that I'm not hardly taking any bump photos like I did with DS.  And with my 1st pregnancy, I would read every week what was happening and had about 5 books on pregnancy that I would go back and forth with.   This time, I haven't read anything and I'm already 25 weeks! 

I suppose it's normal for 2nd time moms, but I still feel neglectful!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: not taking pictures or reading books

• Options

i'm a first timer and i'm not doing these things either.  should i be?  lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also a first time mom, and I started out reading every week, keeping a journal, taking pictures, etc. The past month or so I've been very lax with all of it. I feel like there are other better ways I can be getting ready for this little one, so I focus on those instead. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm the same way. I have only taken a couple of bump pictures. I wanted to take some this week and I'm not reading any books. I kind of feel that I don't need to read any this time since I'm not worried about her being too different then DS.
  • Options

I'm right there with you, and was just thinking about that today.  I find out what were having next week and I feel like I need that to feel a little more connected this time.  I haven't read a thing this time and I have taken zero pictures, but I only took a few with DD anyway so thats not as much of the issue for me.  I just feel like I have so much less time to focus on this baby since I am so busy with DD, and that scares me because if its hard to focus with he/she inside the belly what will happen when they are here?  I have my moments, I freak out like that and then the next day I am really excited..just depends on how crazy its been around here with DD I guess : )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagemizzezP:

I suppose it's normal for 2nd time moms, but I still feel neglectful!

I think it's totally normal.  I think it's even normal for 1st time moms. :-)

Honestly, I'm not sure that information overload and the hyper attentiveness to every detail is really that helpful (or healthy).  In pregnancy as with life, I'm a "less is more" type of person.  You can find joy and awe in the life growing inside you even if you don't know which major organ is finished developing this week.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm a little different this time around.  With DD I read everything I could get my hands on, but I have only one bump pic and that's at 36 weeks!  This time around I'm only looking things up occasionally but we've been taking bump pics alomost every two weeks (I regret not having any with DD.)

BabyFruit Ticker

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/qpqv84.jpg[/IMG]

Patiently waiting for little brother!

• Options

imageStarJay:
    I'm also a first time mom, and I started out reading every week, keeping a journal, taking pictures, etc. The past month or so I've been very lax with all of it. I feel like there are other better ways I can be getting ready for this little one, so I focus on those instead. 

Ok, completely unrelated to this thread, sorry to hijack OP.  I love your avatar (is that what they call them?)!  I'm a huge SG fan.  Although if you're not a real SG fan and just mocking them, I'll go hide now.  My best friend posted something on FB about going to watch BSG and I got all excited until I realized she was just quoting from "The Office."  I felt like a complete geek.

• Options
    Well this is my 1st time, & I'm 20 weeks. I've read a lot of books and have like 3 journals. But I've started slacking on the journals and havent taken a single picture. I would think for a 2nd timer, u shouldn't have 2 read the books again if u already went thru it.
  • Options
    Right there with ya! I don't want anyone taking any pictures of me! Lol!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebabubhatt:

This.  I'm going to take my first pic at 20 weeks.  (I don't think that I look pregnant yet, but I'm getting there.)  Also, I read online or ask my doctor - I hate reading books.

• Options
    imagebabubhatt:

Same here. The only reading I've done are these week-specific newsletters that my hospital puts out.

• Options
    I havent taken as much pics this time around. I dont read the books either this time, unless there is something that I was wondering about and cant remember the answer to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"