3rd Trimester

Freaking myself out!!!

i am literally driving myself crazy lately! All i can think about is all the things that could go wrong with my baby. I am absolutly petrified of SIDS and cant stop freaking out about it. Also, i had a dream the other night that my baby was purple and had one arm! DH thinks im crazy and everything will be fine and im sure hes right but im still going nuts!! help!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: Freaking myself out!!!

• It happens to everyone! First off don't panic...you will know exactly what to do when the baby gets here and SIDS is rare. Second off pregnacy dreams are CRAZY! Last night I had a dream I had twins (i'm only pregnant with one) and they babies were half puppy half infant. Then one of the baby/puppies kept almost drowning in a pool...SO...a purple baby with one arm is actaully pretty normal compared to that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Your LO isn't even born yet and you are petrified of SIDS so breathe. Stressing out in PG is never good. Yes, SIDS is most definitely a scary thing but there are things you can do to help lower the risk of SIDS. Research some of the things you can do to help.

Dreams also mean nothing of what is going to happen in real life. If that is true then I would be having twins and that is most definitely not happening.

No one is going to be able to make you calm down other then yourself. You need to stop focusing on the negatives and focus on the fact that you are PG and your LO is healthy and growing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The crazy dreams are totally normal, although annoying!!!

Easier said than done but try really hard not to worry about all that stuff--worrying about it doesn't do anything except making you focus on negative rather than positive things.  There are so many unknowns in life, don't let them distract you from the things you DO know and that is you're gonna be a mommy and love your LO.

Put a fan in baby's room (not directed at the baby, of course).  This reduces the risk of SIDS by like 80%!  Any sort of air movement will help.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's quite normal to have crazy dreams. You are a good way through your pregnancy now and if there was anything seriously wrong doctor's would have flagged it by now....keep smiling and thinking positive xxx
  • There are a lot of things you can do to reduce the risk of SIDS. Do a little research now and put your mind at ease. Crazy pregnancy dreams are caused by hormones. Don't worry about them. I had a dream that I had twins (only one baby here) and one of them was black (DH and I are not) and speaking Spanish. Best part? I was the only one surprised by this. lol Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"