Trying to Get Pregnant

Quantitative Blood Count?

Does anyone know anything about this? Im on clomid and after my 1st cycle with it they told me I was NOT pregnant and my "quant" was only a 2 and it needed to be a 5. Now on my 2nd cycle they just told me my Quant is a 5 and is the min I need to possibly be pregnant....Does anyone know how likely I am to being pregnant now? I have to wait 5 days to get a blood draw or take a urine test..... Really hoping I am but Im just not sure....

Re: Quantitative Blood Count?

• You might get better responses on the 1st Tri board since those women are actually pregnant and we are still trying to get pregnant.

It is my understanding that most doctors will call anything over 5 on a blood test a positive.  Since most home pregnancy tests can't detect the HCG in urine until it's at least 25 and your levels should double every 48-72 hours, it will take at least 5 days to get the level high enough to show up in your urine.  (5-> 10 -> 20 -> 40).

Good luck

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Dx w/PCOS in 1997, TTC #1 from 1/09-7/11
    after multiple rounds of clomid, femara and injectables,
    I got pregnant with twins on IVF #1. Twin girls born at 36 weeks 2/24/2012
  • Some people have higher baseline hcg.  I consistently get betas of 4.5-5 when I'm not pregnant.

Are you really four days away from cd 1?  Making you 10dpo?  Why are you getting betas done so early? 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Thanks both of you for the advice and I guess I didnt think my post through all the way....

Im on clomid and take it days 5-9 of my period and do my thing on days 10,12,14, and 16 and then day 21 I get my blood drawn to make sure I ovulated and then on day 28 I can either do a home pregnancy test or get my blood drawn....Unfortunately for me my day 28 is on a saturday and Im anxious so Ive decided to take a home urine test... Im just going by what my doctor has told me to do.....

• So you aren't being monitored?

Did you at least do all the testing beforehand?

I'd either demand monitoring or find a new dr. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • No they dont monitor it closely...I just get my blood drawn on day 21 to check and see if i ovulated and if so they tell me to take a home pregnancy test on day 28 of my cycle....I did just that saturday and it was neg
  • I'm sorry about the negative.  Since you aren't being monitored closely (or at all really), it may be too early to test.  What was your progesterone level?

Also, I live in C'bus too and if you are going to the OB that I was initially going to for fertility treatment, you need to read my blog.  My experience started back in May.  It's my testiment to how little OB/Gyns know about IF treatment. (you can PM me if you want to know the name of the clinic-it's a large practice)

If you aren't pregnant this cycle, please go to an RE for proper monitoring in the future.  If you are going to an RE now, which I doubt since there are only 2 in the area and both monitor, find a different doctor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Dx w/PCOS in 1997, TTC #1 from 1/09-7/11
    after multiple rounds of clomid, femara and injectables,
    I got pregnant with twins on IVF #1. Twin girls born at 36 weeks 2/24/2012
  • Sorry this is all so new to me and I havent quite figured out all the lingo...whats RE? and when they called to give me my levels they said they were at a 5....I can PM you and let you know the LIST of doctor's Ive been to in the past 5 years....