Hi All! Quick backstory:
Been with DH for 10 years, married 2. Have never really used BC. Never noticed or cared that I wasn't ever PG in that time. However, since getting married and actively TTC, we have discovered that 10 years of unprotected sex w/o anything is not normal. duh. Since figuring out that that this is going to take some effort, DH and I have gone on "information lockdown" about our babymaking. Aside from a couple of close friends no one knows why we don't have kids yet.
In the last three months these are some of the comments that I have either heard or have been directed at me:
- "People should NOT be having babies at the age of 35. That's just gross." (a co-worker who quite obviously had no idea that I was 35)
- "Oh, I would never adopt...That would be like picking a puppy out from the pound."
- "These people who have to try so hard to get pregnant are obviously not doing something right in the bedroom....if you know what I mean..."
- "You need to have a baby! (Insert FILs name here) comes over and plays with Baby everyday. His whole life is about Baby!" (from DHs cousin) (also, repeated at least 4 times over dinner and too much wine on her part)
- "I want Blood. I would never adopt." (Said to a close friend at a luncheon who is also having major 'issues' with conception. Also, this close friend was adopted from Korea. I almost stood up and walked out after this..)
- "She isn't pregnant yet? Send her to my house and I'll take care of that problem for him." (This guy was asked to leave my house and has never returned)
- "Maybe you should think about kids soon. You aren't a spring chicken anymore." (My mother)
and the Pi?ce de r?sistance:
- "Your eggs are getting old" (thanks, Sis.)
I know most people here have probably heard some version of the things above but I'm just really sensitive about it today.
Now....go...cheer me up and tell me that I'm not crazy for wanting to have a baby.