3rd Trimester

When did your breech baby turn?

This LO was head down at the 20 week u/s but has had his head up under my ribs for several weeks now.  I *think* he moves around into other positions but always ends up breech again.  I've read that it's common for them to turn head down between 28-32 weeks.  What has your experience been?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did your breech baby turn?

• DD turned sometime around 33-34 weeks.  DD2 is head down as of last apt.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS-flipped at 35w.

DD-head down at 28w.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Transverse and breech until 36 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He's been flipping back and forth the whole time. at 32 weeks he was breech, 34 weeks he was head down, so we'll see on Tuesday if he decided to flip back or not :) I think he has stayed head down though, I can feel his feet in my ribs and his head down low
  • I'm 38 weeks, and still hoping for a baby-flipping miracle.  He's still breech.
  • Mine turned at around 35 weeks - just before a presentation scan at 36 weeks.

I had done some 'bottom in the air' excercises, (head and shoulders on the floor) hips and bottom as high as I could manage for 20 minutes 3 times a day , and also made sure I slept on my left hand side with right leg over left with a small pillow in between for the last few weeks.

Not sure if this is what made it work but I didn't have to have ECV and at 36 weeks the head was fully engaged.

Failing that I was going to try moxibustion as a last resort.

My baby was breech from at least 20 weeks....

• LO has been all over the place during this pregnancy. She was in the extended breech position awhile back and was then head down, but then she flipped into transverse and stayed that way a for a few weeks. Found out today at 37+ weeks that she is now head down, so I wouldn't worry too much. You have plenty of time for little one to get into the right position.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"