Nurseries and Baby Gear

Baby Jogger City Select vs Britax B-Ready

Both of these seem very similar to me, in style, price and features (reversible seats, add on seats, bassinets, etc.), so I was hoping to get some input from those that own or have tried either one.

By the way, strollers are 15% off right now (which never happens on name brands) with free shipping and zero tax on www.treasurerooms.com with promo code blkspc15 so I hope to buy one soon with the discount!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

Re: Baby Jogger City Select vs Britax B-Ready

• Well I wish you could see them in person as I think it makes a huge difference.  I chose the B-Ready and absolutely love it.

My husband liked the City Select in the store but told me I am the one to always use it so it was my choice.  I tried both as a single and a double.  Yes the City Select has more "stadium seating" however becacuse of that it is much more difficult to manevuer because the front seat is so much closer to the front wheels.  This also made it harder to turn without turning really wide.  The second thing I did not like about this stroller is the height of the seats.  My 8 month old was already as tall as the seat... so it worried me that she wouldn't fit it for much longer.  The weight limit on the city select I believe is 44lbs vs the B-Ready which is 55lbs.  I think the height difference is 5in. also. 

After owning the B-Ready I really don't have any complaints.  I guess the cup holder... there is only one.  But I have since ordered an added a second cup holder.  Otherwise it is very easy to get in and out of the car. Folds up pretty small.  Feels very lightweight which I did not expect at all.  My daughter loves the seat as it sits up very well and seems very comfortable.  The carriage bag is HUGE.  After a full day of shopping it still has room for more!  Also there is 3 zippers to get into the bag.

I purchased mine at Buy Buy Baby.  I did pay tax, but was able to use a 20% off coupon.  However, 15% and no tax may be a better deal.

• Britax B-Ready!!! LOVE it! I returned the City Select b/c it was way too big (long). Here is a FB album I made so you can see DD in it (she's a big girl....about 28 lbs). She climbs in it all the time now to take a nap. Since this album was made, I've also gotten the lower car seat adapter, which is nice b/c DS can sit in his car seat down there (or in the 2nd seat since it lays flat)...and DD can sit up front. Britax does not advertise or show the bassinet in the bottom with the adapter, and I tried it and it works!

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • have any of you tried it with an infant car seat? If so which one did you use? We're leaning towards the peg perego but im not sure its compatible...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagenickcrazy16:
    have any of you tried it with an infant car seat? If so which one did you use? We're leaning towards the peg perego but im not sure its compatible...

Yes, we got the Britax Chaperone infant seat b/c when you buy the stroller, it includes the adapter for the Chaperone. If you want another car seat (like Peg Perego, which it does fit), you have spend another $49.99 on that adapter. Plus, no other car seat can go in the bottom/back position, other than the Britax Chaperone...I want to put DS there in the beginning so that DD can sit up front and see everything. I just got the lower car seat adapter last week ($79.99), if you'd like, I can take pictures of the car seat in the back position and post them later.

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In store we tried out the britax, uppa and the city select.  The uppa and britax felt bulkier, and harder to fold, than the CS.  I did really like how the handle folded down on the britax which is nice since I am much shorter than DH.

I HIGHLY reccomend going and looking at them in a store first if you have one near you-lots of smaller higher end stores will carry both as does Buy Buy Baby.

GL!

• I am 5'8" and have long legs and a long stride and found that with a seat in the rear position on the Britax B-Ready I was hitting it as I walked around the store.  We are going with the city select.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagejanecanadian:
    I am 5'8" and have long legs and a long stride and found that with a seat in the rear position on the Britax B-Ready I was hitting it as I walked around the store.  We are going with the city select.

DH is 6'2", so that was a big issue with us and when the 2nd seat was in, he didn't hit hte back seat at all. When it was lying flat, he did a little bit, but he just stood more to the side and pushed and was fine.

• The city select has a terrible push especially compared to bugaboo. I had two kids in it and really had to strain to push it. 
    Mom to Zi born 8.30.07 and Zo born 8.12.09 and Zaid born 5.07.11
  • We are very interested in getting the Britax B ready. ?We are so excited to get it. In fact, as I have been pushing my 3 year old around malls and other places my husband and I keep saying how we need to get the new stroller sooner rather than later! ?The only question and concern I have is, does a Chicco car seat work on the bottom position with the 2 attachments? And did the Buy Buy Baby coupon really work on the Britax stroller!?
  • I am deciding between these 2 right now and went to Buy Buy Baby to check both of them out.  I actually loaded 45 lbs. worth of diapers in both seats on the BJCS to see what it would feel like pushing at the maximum weight for each seat.  It was hard to turn and felt awkward and very long.  Also, the seats seem that they would not really work for  a taller child or even just a bigger toddler.  I will have a 28 month old when my newborn arrives and he does actually love to sit in the stroller, so I need to make sure he will be comfortable.  Positives for the BJCS were all the different combos and accessories you can buy with it and I loved the handle on the push bar.  

The Britax B-Ready will allow up to a 55lb child in the top seat!  Only 35 in the lower seat, but by the time I will need to move the baby up to the bigger seat, my toddler wont be in a stroller any more. If you do NOT  have a Britax car seat, you can actually purchase both the lower infant adaptor  and the universal adaptor to make the car seat work in the lower position. The Universal one sits over the Lower one to make it work. The girl at Buy Buy Baby confirmed this with me.  Reasons i like the B-Ready better....

1. Somtimes you may only have one child with you, and it easily becomes a single

2. Weight capacity and overall seat dimensions are better, even for the lower seat

2.  Leg room on both seats is better

3. Recline on both seats is awesome

4.  Pushes great with 2 kids in it, even with maximum weight in each seat ( I piled boxes of diapers in both seats to get it as close to 55 lbs (top) and 35 lbs (bottom).  The parent console that it comes with is awesome too!

5. Britax B-Ready promo event going on now through June 30, 2011!

6.  3 new colors debuting in April! 

7.  Basket is awesome! 

Cons:  

1.Your younger, smaller baby might not like sitting down low, however, most Moms with strollers like this tell me that if you just start the younger one down low, they never know any difference and begin to just prefer it because it's what they are used too. 

2.  Having to buy 2 adaptors to make NON Britax car seat work in the lower position.  But worth it and still cheaper than buying a new car seat 

• See my newest post regarding the Chicco car seat with B-Ready
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"