Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Side Effects from 4 month shots.......YUCKY

DS just had his 4 month vaccinations on Monday.....slightly late as he will be 5 months old next Thursday.......Anyway, he has had a small fever, is eating way less than normal and now (3 days later) is having diarrhea every 3 hours. I know these are all normal side effects but i thought it was unusual to get diarrhea this many days after the shots???? Anybody else??

Re: Side Effects from 4 month shots.......YUCKY

• We had our four month shots on Monday and the diarrhea just showed up yesterday.  I thought I had gotten past all the yucky side effects but apparently he was just waiting to surprise me until we were in the car and I couldn't do anything about it right away.
  • LO got his shots a week ago and just today I feel like he is back to normal.   He was crying at bottles, going poop more often, and more fussy than usual.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My son also reacted pretty bad to his 4 month shots. He was OK for the first 2 days then he was inconsolable all day with diarrhea. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO had all of the symptoms y'all are describing, however she was absolutely miserable so I took her back to the dr 4 days later to see what I could do to help...turns out she had a reaction to the oral rotavirus vaccine, so that may very well be what your LO's have. With that said, there's nothing you can do really except let it runs it's course (took about a week & a half for her #2's to go back to what they were and about 6 days for her personality to return to what it was). It was really awful! My doc said that it would be fine to for-go this vaccine at the 6 month shots so I will!
  • I would call the pedi if your LO still doesn't feel well after a few days. My DD did OK, she had fever the day after, but she wasn't eating well for 3 days after the shot, which freaked out DC (and me as well considering she is already in her 25% weight percentile). GL!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"