Working Moms

Working plus school and a baby!

Hi Ladies,

I am currently TTC but I wanted to find out if anyone out there is going through the same thing as me. I start back to school in the summer for my Master's degree. and we want to have a baby next year too. That sounds so overwhelming but I know woman work, go to school and parent all the time. So I guess I am looking for encouragement or someone to say its possible HA. How do you juggle everything. I am just nervous about being a new mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Working plus school and a baby!

• You can do it if you truly want to. I will also be returning to school for my Master's and have a child and work. It's a lot, but I believe that it can be very rewarding. As long as you understand that you will have to give up some of your free time with your baby, then you should be fine. Good Luck.
  • ME!!!!!!!!

I have 2 preschool aged boys, I'm PG with #3, I work full-time and have a 3 hour (round-trip) commute, AND I'm in a master's degree program.  I'm not supermom, I'm not on drugs, and I'm actually succeeding at it.

I do not have a clean house, I don't work out anymore, I wish I had more time, but hey, it can be done.  You MAKE it happen.. I do require extra help from DH- I get to sleep in on weekens and he takes the boys, I'm lucky to because my program is 100% online and I can do alot of schoolwork AT work... but really, you MUST MUST MUST have DH onboard with you.  HE MUST agree to pull extra weight- do the cooking and most of the cleaning, give you extra sleeping times, allow you a set amount of school time that you do only school...  etc.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • You can do anything you put your mind to. There will be sacrifices however, so don't be surprised about that. I have 3 under 2, work full time and go to school for my masters. However my program is all online, so I can do it after the kids go to bed. I make sure to get home at a reasonable time from work, enjoy the time I spend with them while they are awake and then do school work. My sacrifices are sleep, any personal time and my DH has to be a rockstar helper and do most of the household chores. It can be done. Just prepare yourself as much as possible and make sure your DH is on exactly the same page that you are.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • ...I was going to say ...and alcohol...but that was just my input!  GL, like PP said (and you are supermom!) YOU decide this and figure how to make it work if it is your decision.  GL on what you decide!
  • I work FT and I am in my Masters program PT but I took Spring Semester off last year to have LO. My program is pretty strict and they only allow you to miss one class. Since I was due at the beginning of April I knew there would be a good chance I'd miss more than one class, so I opted out last semester and started back up again this semester. I only take one class a semester so it is one night a week plus study and that is more than I can handle with a LO.
    High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • imagemcblal:
    You can do it if you truly want to. I will also be returning to school for my Master's and have a child and work. It's a lot, but I believe that it can be very rewarding. As long as you understand that you will have to give up some of your free time with your baby, then you should be fine. Good Luck.

This! I have decided to not take classes next semester because of this very reason. I want to spend all my time with my baby girl, this is more important to me at the current moment. Guess I don't want to get my Masters that bad lol. 

You can make it work if you really want to. Just know it's harder to want to start those classes with a LO by your side.  

• Thanks for the inspiration thats just what I needed. Like some pp said maybe I will take a semester off... thats better than delaying the whole process. GL everyone we can do this!
  • I think its great that you want to try and do something for yourself. The only thing I can think of to say is make sure you are aware of how stressful things can get. If you go back to school that is a full time job on its own with wanting to get good grades having papers and projects, and also finding time to study for tests. Then you have your job which you rely on to support you and your family and its something you probably take pride in doing which means when you are tired from stress,being pregnant or having a newborn that could take a toll as well. Then you have the new baby a little person who relies on you for love and support someone you have to get to know and take care which is obviously very important. I am not saying these things to try and discourage you because I believe you can do if that is what you really want, I just feel you should take in consideration how hard it might be at times and make sure that you are willing to take on that extra stress and worry and that you have techniques to relax and take care of yourself and different support systems in place to help you when you need a hand. good luck! I wish the best and hope you make the best descions for you, but I have to say I think your brave for taking all of that on your plate at once I don't know that I could.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"