Breastfeeding

What to bring milk home in?

I am going back to work soon, luckily I have a fridge in my office where I can put my pumped milk. But, what do I take it home in? What kind of cooler or other container do you use? Thanks!

Re: What to bring milk home in?

• I use the bottles and cooler bag that came with my pump (Medela)
  • image cindyhow:
    I use the bottles and cooler bag that came with my pump (Medela)
    Yep, this.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm sneaking in from 3rd trimester (delivering by c/s in two days!). But, in addition to the bag the pump comes in - which has a cooler section - I also got one of those Playtex Fridge to Go bags. It doesn't hold a lot, but you can actually put it in the freezer (the cold packs are built into the bag) and then use it to store your milk/bottles in "on the go."

I suppose you could really just use a cooler-style insulated lunch bag and a couple of cold packs, too, if you wanted...

• image wendy611:

I'm sneaking in from 3rd trimester (delivering by c/s in two days!). But, in addition to the bag the pump comes in - which has a cooler section - I also got one of those Playtex Fridge to Go bags. It doesn't hold a lot, but you can actually put it in the freezer (the cold packs are built into the bag) and then use it to store your milk/bottles in "on the go."

I suppose you could really just use a cooler-style insulated lunch bag and a couple of cold packs, too, if you wanted...

This is helpful, thanks. I didn't have a bag come with my pump, so I was looking for a suggestion! Thanks!

• Just get a softsided cooler (the more insulated the better) and then some ice packs. I prefer the kind that came with my medela pump (but you can buy elsewhere) that is grooved and will hug the bottles.
  • My pump didn't come with a cooler bag either, buy I was able to order one separately. It came with six bottles, cooler, and three freezer packs for inside the cooler. It was about $30 and I can pump right into the bottles. And when it's in the fridge at work, it looks just like a lunch cooler, so everyone leaves it alone.
  • How long does it take you all to get home?  Just curious... my commute's about 45 minutes and I haven't been packing the milk with ice, I've just been tossing it into my lunchbag (in the medela bottles) from the fridge at work. Then when I get home I put it back in the fridge. I don't have a freezer nearby at work so using a freezer pack would be a PITA, but do you think I should?  
  • image laurasue:
    Just get a softsided cooler (the more insulated the better) and then some ice packs. I prefer the kind that came with my medela pump (but you can buy elsewhere) that is grooved and will hug the bottles.

I commute an hour home, so I too have a cooler that I put an ice pack on the bottom and there is an area for the top too.  During the day I keep my bottles in the Medela cooler and then transport into my big cooler.  I look like a bag lady walking into work!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards