December 2010 Moms
Options

So far anyone else on bedrest...

How extreme is the bedrest?  Today was my first day missing work because of it, and I laid down, watched t.v., slept, all of that jazz.  At noon I was thinking to myself that I could enjoy this for the next  24 days, but by 7pm I'm hating it already.  Is bedrest strictly bedridden, or are there different degrees for everyone?  I guess I just need to call my doctor and see what he wants me to do?  How do you other ladies deal with the "vacation" we're getting?

Re: So far anyone else on bedrest...

• Options
    Check with your doc.  I was on strict bed rest for the 1 week and wasn't supposed to get up other than to use the bathroom, and now I'm on modified.  Basically, I should rest as much as possible, but I can go out and run some errands if I want to. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am on bed rest and the first week I was home, I really tried to do just about nothing, like I pretty much only "got up" to go to the bathroom and that was it.. The second week, I added in taking a bath daily and making my lunch, as well as sitting on the couch!  Now on week 3 i have added lil 10-15 min "projects"...

I monitor my BP at home 4x a day, and I know what "warning signs" to look for, so I figure as long as I am getting my rest time in and everything is looking good, I am good to go..

I think it all depends on what you are on bed rest for!! Hope that helps! 

I have been on bed rest for 3 weeks, and I think it is impossible to lay on my left side all day long and then go to bed, I am surper crabby and done with the day by 7pm!!! 

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepinkness09:

I am on bed rest and the first week I was home, I really tried to do just about nothing, like I pretty much only "got up" to go to the bathroom and that was it.. The second week, I added in taking a bath daily and making my lunch, as well as sitting on the couch!  Now on week 3 i have added lil 10-15 min "projects"...

I monitor my BP at home 4x a day, and I know what "warning signs" to look for, so I figure as long as I am getting my rest time in and everything is looking good, I am good to go..

I think it all depends on what you are on bed rest for!! Hope that helps! 

I have been on bed rest for 3 weeks, and I think it is impossible to lay on my left side all day long and then go to bed, I am surper crabby and done with the day by 7pm!!! 

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Yes, already by 7 I am dying! Luckily my phone has internet where I can still get on here and Facebook.  Looking at t.v is getting pretty old!

• Options
    Your doctor should have explained what type of bed rest he wanted you on.  I started on modified and am now on strict with bathroom privileges.
  • Options
    Honestly, you really need to talk to your doctor.  Bed rest is different for each individual depending on what you are on bed rest for and what your doctor is looking to accomplish with it.  I started on strict bed rest (laying down, only getting up to use the bathroom/take a shower) at 26 weeks due to pre-term contractions and after a few weeks was allowed to move around a little more but no driving and if I went out I had to use a wheelchair or be sitting the whole time.  Now I'm on very strict bed rest again due to going into pre-term labor at 34 weeks and I'm really not allowed to do anything.  I get released from bed rest at 36 weeks though, so it isn't as bad.
  • Options

I am only on partial bed rest. I have a few hours a day to get laundry, cleaning, etc done around the house, but I have to space it out so I'm not straining myself. No heavy lifting, just basically take it easy. Nothing that would cause me to go into labor. 

We ended up buying a playzone for our 1 year old because I was unable to chase him around the house. He loves it! I feel bad that I cannot get down on the ground and play with him, but I know its for the best and he doesn't seem to mind having his own play area :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm on modified as well. Meaning that if I'm feeling well I can get up for 'little projects' too. Changing the laundry around, making a little food, bathroom, etc. The rest of the time I have to sleep/rest as much as possible.

I can honestly say that I probably refresh my facebook 100 times a day and Sunday night I woke up DH crying from 4:30am until 6am because I just wanted her to come out so that I could feel normal again. Yay for hormones.

Bed rest can be tough but the outcome is going to be amazing!!!!My thing now is that I actually feel awful most of the day so sleeping or laying down is the only way I feel good. At least that helps justify the bed rest

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I'm on bed rest and the doctor definitely explained to me what it means, so you should talk to your doctor.  I'm on bed rest for gestational hypertension/being watched for preeclampsia and I am supposed to be lying down "as much as possible."  I am allowed to get up to make myself something to eat, shower, get dressed, etc, and I'm allowed to sit up to eat, which is good because otherwise I get terrible heartburn, but otherwise I'm on the couch pretty much all day.  I still get up to let the dogs out and things like that but being on the couch all day gets old.  I also am supposed to take my BP 4 times a day and write it down, so if it is on the higher side I know I've been doing too much.

I did get permission last week to go get my car seat installed last week though.  DH was going to go get it installed himself (we had an appointment for installation right after the growth ultrasound he came to with me) but I asked the doctor if it would be okay if I went, too, so that I could learn how to install and and he said it was fine because my blood pressures had been okay that day.

Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• Options
    I too am on bedrest (for the past month).  It is sooooo boring and makes the days pass at a snail's pace.  Daytime TV is the worst (there are only so much "You are/are not the father" episodes of "Maury", court shows, and reruns you can tolerate).  For me bedrest isn't strictly bedridden, I just stay close at home during the week and go out on weekends to run errands and get out of the house.  Be sure to give your doctor a call and get the parameters for the prescribed bedrest.  The best way to kill time is to go into nesting mode: Plan your baby's room, create a birth plan, plan your hospital bag, shop online, surf and post on TheBump.com, and reach out to people you haven't talked to in a while via FaceBook or MySpace (contact with the outside world will help you cope and not get cabin fever).  Try to make the best out of it and just know that you are not alone.  :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"